Chapter 26

- - -

GR. 8

YUMI'S POV:

I was sitting by a tree looking at the little critters crawling around it. Their carefreeness despite having a big scary human near them inspired me.

Maybe one day I could stand up to Heeyoung. If these little critters aren't scared of me, I shouldn't be scared of her.

I usually sat here for recess. I mean, it's not like I have anyone to hang out with, so what else can I do? I like watching the little carefree bugs. I tell myself the same thing almost everyday, but I've still never stood up to Heeyoung. Sure, since I've got more meat on me I might be able to beat her in a fight, but she's got a hold over me. Her mean words scare me and I always become speechless in her presence. I wish so bad that I could beat her one day. Maybe she'll call me fatty and I'll insult her back. I don't know... I've always had wild fantasies that never panned out.

I sighed and returned my focus back on the bugs and away from my thoughts. These days it seems like my thoughts are all I have, considering I have no friends, no pets and my parents are never around.

I watched the little bug inch itself closer and closer to the tree until I saw it get crushed by a foot. I looked up and to no one's surprise it was Heeyoung and her friends.

"Oh no! Did I kill your only friend?" she said and laughed.

I'm so tired of her bullying.

"Here, you can take your friend back," she said and started to take off her shoe.

Before I knew it, she slipped it off and flung it at my face.

I dodged and looked at her annoyed.

"Oh wow, fatty moved! Now give me my shoe back before your broke ass steals it. Gucci shouldn't be worn by losers like you," she said and held out her hand, waiting for me to give her her shoe back.

This is the day! This is the day I stand up to her!

I just sat there, not grabbing the shoe like she wanted me to.

"COME ON FATTY PICK UP THE PACE! I KNOW IT'S HARD TO YOU TO MOVE YOUR BIG ASS ARMS, BUT I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!"

I chuckled and knew exactly what I was going to do. I grabbed her shoe and through it at her face like she did to me.

It hit her in the face, probably because she would have never expected a pushover like me to do that. She looked furious.

"Bold move fatty...," she said and bent down to my level.

She looked at me with the beady eyes I have feared for the last few months. I gulped, immediately regretting what I did. It wasn't worth it, she looks like she's going to do something really bad. She'll probably hit me. She always hits me.

"I have something to tell you," she said and finally sat down, so that we were eye level.

I started to get really nervous, I felt my forehead getting a bit sweaty.

She suddenly harshly grabbed me by the hair and I winced.

"You are worthless," she said, "You will never amount to anything. Whenever people see you they are immediately repulsed by how ugly and fat you are. Your acne is hideous and looks like you have a disease. I hate you... and so does everyone else. There is no one in this school who likes you, not even the teachers. So, what I'm trying to say, is know your fucking place before you act out. Pieces of scum like you will forever be licking the dirt off my shoes, wanting a taste of what it's like to actually be valued and amount to something."