Chapter 25

I turned around and looked at her in the face.

It was the owner of the house.

"Oh umm," I started.

This is my chance to ask if she has any suspicious footage of me!

I walked up to her porch, and Hyunjin followed behind me.

"What are you two doing at my house? My doorbell camera sensed motion that you were on my porch," she said looking a little annoyed.

"Yeah, um, about that doorbell camera... is it always recording?" I asked.

"It is, why?" she said, still looking annoyed.

"Okay, so long story short, I'm pretty sure I have a stalker," I said and her eyes widened, "I heard someone following me yesterday, but he hid before I could see him. I was wondering if you could look through your footage of yesterday around 3-4, and tell me if you see anything."

"Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I'm sorry, I had no idea that was what you were here for!" she said looking apologetic, "I'm a bit busy right now, but give me your phone number and I'll text you if I see anything as soon as I can."

I smiled at her kindness, "Thank you so much!"

"Don't worry about it," she said and smiled back.

I gave her my number, then walked off her porch and waved her goodbye.

I turned to Hyunjin, "Holy crap, that was so much easier than I expected!"

He suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders and looked into my soul with the scariest eyes I've ever seen, "You better update me on the situation. Got it? No more secrets."

I nodded nervously.

He let me go and we continued walking.

Holy crap, that man can be really scary when he wants to be, I thought, letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

We walked silently for a few minutes.

"Are you mad at me?" I said breaking the silence.

"A little," he said.

I sighed, "I'm sorry. I just thought it wasn't that bad."

Suddenly, he put his arm around my shoulders and I flinched at his touch, "I'm not too mad. Mostly just worried."

My eyes widened a bit at his response.

Hyunjin... worried? Ha, that's a first.

"You're worried? That's never happened before," I said and chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

He rolled his eyes and shoved me in the shoulder.

"I'll never worry about myself because I know I can handle things. But, for a weak loser like you, I don't know if you could handle this," he said smugly.

"Oh, shut up! I've got things under control! I got the idea to find a security camera all on my own, and now she's going to send me footage of the guy!"

God, he's so annoying. I can handle myself!

"Fine, but what if she doesn't have any footage?"

I paused and thought for a moment. Guess I didn't think that far ahead.

"Umm-," I started.

"Go to the police," Hyunjin said cutting me off.

Oh yeah, he's right.

"Pshh, I knew that. You just didn't let me finish my sentence," I said, lying straight through my teeth knowing damn well I didn't think of that.