Chapter 20

- - -

As per usual, first class was boring as hell; math has never been a very intriguing subject for me. I just spent most of my time talking to Jieun.

"Oh, yeah by the way, I think my cousin is in your next class," she said.

"What's his name again?" I asked.

"Seonghwa."

Hm, haven't heard that name before.

- - -

We actually had to focus for the rest of class, but luckily there wasn't much of it left. We have a big test coming soon so I payed attention for once in my life. Looks like I'm going to have to study a lot.

I sighed in annoyance thinking about how my plans were going to be ruined these next two weeks.

The bell rang, dismissing us to our second period classes. I got up and started heading there. Luckily, my next class isn't too far from my first. It's still on the same floor just on the other side of the building.

I walked into class only to see someone taking up the what used to be empty seat beside my desk. I approached the stranger and sat down without talking to him.

Is this the cousin Jieun was talking about?

I looked over briefly at him. He looks like a rebel. His shirt was untucked and he wasn't wearing his blazer. His hair was messy and the color brown, the same color as his eyes. As I studied his face more I realized he's actually really attractive. He has a sharp nose and a jawline that could cut glass.

I looked away before he noticed me looking at him.

I should've known he would be so good-looking. Jieun is really pretty, so I guess those genes run in her family.

"Hey," I think he said.

I looked back over at him to see him staring at me, so I guess it was him who said that.

"Hi," I responded.

I smiled awkwardly not really knowing what to do.

"Um, so are you knew here?" I said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, moved here yesterday from Busan."

I pretended to be shocked, because I already knew that.

"Wow, Busan! That's pretty far!" I said.

"Yeah, I ran out of schools in the area to attend, since I kept getting expelled."

I- um. How do I even respond to that?

"O-oh wow, um... that's crazy!"

I gave him an uncomfortable smile.

"Okay class, pull out your homework from yesterday," Mr. Hon boomed.

Oh thank god Mr. Hon started class. That was such an awkward conversation.

Mr. Hon started writing something on the board. It was probably something regarding the homework he just mentioned.

"It's not that crazy," Seonghwa said.

I looked over with wide eyes.

Why the hell is he talking at a normal volume during class?! Mr. Hon is going to hear him!

I laughed quietly and uncomfortably.

"Schools don't let kids have fun," he said, speaking again at a normal volume and not the whisper you would need to survive Mr. Hon's class.