Chapter 11

- - -

THE NEXT MORNING: 

Ahhh, yes it's Sunday! 

Sundays are the best, or just weekends altogether are the best. I hate school very passionately with my whole heart and now I get to finally relax. My first week of school was ummm... interesting I guess. You know, just casually bumped into my old bully multiple times, got harassed by his ex who was also my old bully, got offered a new job and had a moment with Hyunjin at it. Haha this week was greattttt. I'm being sarcastic if you couldn't tell. 

At least I came up with a revenge plan though; that's cool I guess. I also made a friend this week. Jieun's pretty nice and I could see myself getting close with her. I haven't really seen her outside of school yet, so maybe she's different outside of it. 

I pulled out my phone and looked at my schedule. 

I have no plans... obviously. Maybe I should ask Jieun if she wants to hang out.

I went into the messages app and looked at Jieun's contact I added a few days ago. I started typing...

Me: Hi Jieun! It's Yumi. Do you have any plans today? We should do something.

I waited a bit and she responded within a few minutes. 

Jieun: Omg ya we totally should hang out! Wanna meet up at the mall at 10?

Me: Ya sure!

I looked at the time and it was only 8:30 so I still had plenty of time to get ready.

As my going out routine calls, I started off by showering. I then blow dried and styled my hair, and thought about what outfit to wear. Once my hair was done I got dressed and proceeded to start with my makeup routine. I kept it light, like I always do (because to be quite honest I can't do makeup that well). A simple look was good enough, and definitely something I was capable of. 

All this took around an hour or more which left me a bit behind schedule. I quickly grabbed some money and ran down the stairs to put on my shoes and leave the house. I'm taking the bus obviously, since I can't drive yet and my parents aren't home to take me. I'm pretty used to taking the bus though, because I've been taking it for years. I guess having parents who are never around made me pretty independent.

I quickly ran out the house to get to the bus stop. As I was nearing it I saw it in the distance and I was about to miss it, so I sprinted with everything in me.

NONO PLEASE DON'T LET ME MISS THE BUS!

I quickly arrived and hopped up the stairs of the transit. Out of breath, I put the coins in the money bin. 

Jeez, I need to learn to stop being late all the time. 

I sat down and panted trying to catch my breath. I didn't really mind if anyone saw me while I looked like I was going to pass away; this is definitely not the first time I've been right on time to the bus. I've done this so many times I've lost count.

I sat patiently and pushed the stop button once I arrived at the mall. 

I looked at the time and saw it was 10:09 am. 

Uh oh, I'm a bit late. I hope Jieun doesn't mind.

I walked up to the giant mall. It was really cool, there were so many places and stores to go. I'm so lucky to live near one of the biggest malls in Seoul. 

I walked through the entrance doors and scanned the area to hopefully find Jieun. 

Unfortunately, no luck. I walked up to wall to go call her. I pulled out my phone and pressed her contact.