Chapter 13

I woke up and stretched. Suddenly all the memories of last night came flooding back into my head, but I quickly shook them off.

I'm not going to dwell on it.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone off my bedside table. I checked the time and realized I only had 20 minutes to get ready and go to school.

Damnit! I slept in! 

I quickly got up and threw on my uniform. I scurried to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Ugh jeez, I only have time to brush my hair and do minimal makeup.

I quickly brushed my hair, then put on mascara and concealer. I stepped back a bit and studied my appearance in the mirror. 

I look awful today. It also doesn't help that I was crying last night, so now my face looks puffy.

I frowned feeling slightly insecure, but forced myself to get my shit together.

I don't have time to sulk and feel sorry for myself right now. I can do that during first period. Now go put on your shoes and leave before you're late.

I nodded to myself understanding the assignment and quickly ran downstairs to do so. 

I opened the door and saw Hyunjin waiting for me. 

"Good morning," I said as I closed and locked my front door.

"Good morning," He responded as we started walking to school.

"You were late this morning," he added.

"Yeah, I slept in a little." 

"I can tell, you look terrible today. You could probably see those dark circles from Mars." 

My jaw dropped at his rude statement. 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I screamed.

I whacked him in the shoulder with all my force.

"OW JEEZ CALM DOWN IT WAS A JOKE!" he screamed back, rubbing his shoulder. 

That's right bitch. Tell me I look bad and you get hit. 

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. 

It seems like we fight every morning, why can't he just keep his mouth shut for once?

We walked forward a few more steps and he suddenly grabbed my arm. He looked at it seeing all the bruises. They were even worse today because they formed fully overnight.

"Wow, he really grabbed on tight didn't he?" he said and let go of my wrist.

"Ya, but at least you were there to get rid of him."

I'm sad that he remembered the situation. I mean obviously he would remember, but I was trying really hard to forget about it right now.

"How did you even get yourself in that situation anyways?" he asked.

"Well Jieun saw these guys and she-," 

HOLY SHIT JIEUN! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE GOT HOME SAFE OR ANYTHING! OH MY GOD IS SHE OKAY?!

"OH MY GOD JIEUN!" I screamed.

He looked at me puzzled as to why I just suddenly screamed her name.

"I'M SORRY HYUNJIN I HAVE TO GO!" 

With that I bolted to school to check if she was there. I scanned the premises, but didn't see her anywhere. I quickly ran into the school to see if she was there. I looked around the hallways then realized class was going to start soon.