Chapter 35

I was shocked. I had no idea how to react. I thought he hated her!

They broke apart from the kiss and I saw Hyunjin look over at our table. We made eye contact briefly, but he broke it and went to go sit at an empty table, just him and Heeyoung. 

I'm not sure why, but I felt a feeling in my heart I haven't felt in a while. 

Jealousy?

I'm not exactly sure what it was, but if it was jealousy there was a clear and obvious reason for it: my plan. If I actually was jealous right now, it's because I'm the furthest from completing my plan I've ever been. Maybe I'm so stupid and drunk on infatuation I'm getting sidetracked from my plan. Maybe being so giddy over a boy is letting me let go of my past grudges because I don't care. That's right. I don't care about our past anymore. I want to just move on and pretend like the plan never even existed. I know it's crazy, and that that was the only reason I became friends with Hyunjin...but that's the problem. I became friends with him. I accidentally learned to care about him.

So there. I said it. My plan... is cancelled.

Now I don't have to be jealous about stupid Hyunjin and Heeyoung kissing in front of me.

- - -

The school day passed and, for some reason, for the rest of the day I still couldn't shake the feeling. I'm not sure why it's bothering me so much to be honest. I let go of the plan, what more is there? 

I sighed. 

Maybe it was because I still hate Heeyoung a bit/A LOT... so it makes me miserable to see her happy--ESPECIALLY to see her happy because she's dating MY friend. That's the only possible reason. 

I waited at the side of the school where I always do to see if Hyunjin will walk me home again. Lame as it is I still wait here everyday, even if he's stopped walking me home. Usually, I'll grow impatient after 15 minutes then walk home alone. I looked down at my phone and it had already been 20 minutes. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Should I confront him? I--

"Mimi?" a voice said interrupting my thoughts. A voice I didn't even need to see the face of to know who it was.

I turned around immediately. "Hyunjin?"

To my disgust, there was a rat attached to his arm.

"Hi Mimikins! You waited for my Hyunjinnie oppa? That's so sweet--but he usually drives home with me now," she said ending off with an insincere pout.

It took all my strength to not roll my eyes.

"Hyunjin, could we please talk in private?" I asked.

"NO! Whatever you can say to him, you can say to me too!" Heeyoung interjected.

"It'll just be a second."

God, this girl is seriously pissing me off.

"NO WAY--"

"Heeyoung, just wait here a moment, I'll be back," Hyunjin said interrupting her, and started walking away.

I followed along, more than happy to have left the bitch.

"So, what's up?" he asked, once out of earshot from Heeyoung.

"What's up? You're just going to pretend you haven't been ignoring me for the last week?"

Hyunjin looked a little shocked by my confrontation.

"I haven't been ignoring you."

"Bullshit! You haven't walked with me to or from school, nor have you ever warned me about it. You just let me wait around for you not knowing you were never coming!"