Chapter 9

I rolled around in my bed awaiting Hyunjin's response. 

This could be a huge opportunity!

I giggled thinking of how great this would be; I could make a lot of money, I could get exposure, I could learn a lot... The opportunities are endless! 

I went downstairs to go get a glass of water to calm myself down. He still hasn't texted me back even though it's been hours. 

I sighed and drank from my cup. 

I wonder why he's taking so long to respond...did his dad not like my work? Is that why he's not responding?

I took another sip from my cup. 

No, that couldn't be it, Hyunjin would tell me if they declined my offer.... right?

I sipped again, more worried this time, starting to feel myself overthink like I always do. 

If they declined, they would tell me, right? That would be pretty mean if they just left me hanging like this..... but it's been hours and I still haven't gotten a response yet. Did they not like my work? Did they- 

My thoughts were interrupted my my phone dinging from a notification. I felt a pang in my stomach as I went to go read what the notification said.

Was that Hyunjin? Please tell me it was Hyunjin, I need to know their answer.

I took another worried sip of my water and went to read the notification. 

OH IT WAS HYUNJIN! AHHHH!

I quickly opened up the app and started reading his text message.

"I showed my father your artworks and he talked to his team about it and..."

Oh god I don't know if I can read any further. 

"... They all loved your work and would like to know if you can work starting this Saturday."

I spat out my water in shock. 

HOLY SHIT THEY ACTUALLY ACCEPTED ME. OH MY GOD I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO REACT!

I started bouncing around, jumping in excitement.

"AHHHHHHHHH I JUST GOT ACCEPTED FOR MY FIRST ART COMMISSION BY A BIG COMPANY! AHHHH YAY!"

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO. EEEEEEEE!

I looked at the time and noticed it was already 11. 

Jeez, they really did keep me waiting. 

I ran up the stairs and jumped onto my bed. I smiled ear to ear and grabbed the photo of grade 8 me from my bed side table. 

"YUMI WE MADE IT! DID YOU SEE THAT? WE ACTUALLY JUST GOT ACCEPTED FOR OUR FIRST ART COMMISSION AHHHHHHH!" I said hugging the photo to my chest. 

OH CRAP I NEVER RESPONDED BACK TO HYUNJIN!

I quickly grabbed my phone and started typing. 

"Yes... I can... start....... workingggg... this ... Saturday. Thanks!" I typed while reading my message.

Anddd send. 

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I put my phone down and started flailing around again in my bed like an idiot.

I looked down at my photo still in my arms and smiled even more.

"Good job!" I said tired. 

Good job...

And I fell asleep. 

- - -

Saturday morning:

I woke up and stretched like I do every morning. 

"Today's my first day!" I said excited to go to work. 

Hmm, what should I wear? I know it's a big company, but I can't wear something fancy, since I'm painting. 

I looked through my closet trying to choose something appropriate to wear. I grabbed a baggy shirt and shorts and decided that was good enough. 

I'm fine with these getting a little paint on them, I thought looking at the outfit I chose. I quickly put it on and looked in the mirror. 

"Oh wait!" I said looking around for something.

My eyes finally settled on it and I smiled. 

"Can't forget an elastic, that's like one of the most important things!" I said out loud, putting the elastic on my wrist. 

I walked out of my room over to my art room to pack up all of the supplies I needed. I put all of my brushes, paints and other supplies into my bag and scanned the room to see if I needed to bring anything else.

Nope, that's everything. 

I walked down the stairs and put on my shoes. Hyunjin said he was going to pick me up at 9, so I still had a few minutes. I scrolled through Instagram to pass the time. 

Blegh, ew, Heeyoung posted a photo of her in lingerie on her story. Typical. 

I looked down at my account and realized that this is my Yumi account. 

Hmm, should I make another Instagram with the name Mimi?

I thought for a moment and quickly brushed off the idea. It would take too long to start another account, and people would probably be suspicious as to why I don't have any followers. I'd rather just say I don't have any social media, as lame as that is. 

I saw a notification bar show up at the top of my screen. It was Hyunjin saying he was here to pick me up. 

I opened up the door and saw his car. 

Woahhhhh, that looks super fancy, I thought to myself, eyeing his car.

I turned around and smiled as I locked my door. 

Today is going to be awesome!

---------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry the chapter is so short, but I figured since this was a little boring, I would keep it short and simple to not discourage you from reading. 

Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! If you have any feedback or critiques please feel free to share them, I am always willing to improve. <3

-K