Chapter 59

YUMI'S POV:

AHHHHHH SCHOOL TRIP! They're so rare, but that just makes the few we have THAT much more special!

"Busan! I can't believe it! We must be the luckiest class in the world!" Jieun exclaimed.

"I know right! I can't wait to hit the beaches!" I responded, equally as excited.

"Oh, and good news. Minho and Heeyoung both aren't coming. Apparently, they have something more important to do."

I sighed a breath of relief. "Wow, this trip really is going to be magical. My parasitic demons are finally leaving me."

Jieun laughed. "You ready to go?"

I nodded and threw my bags into the bottom compartment of the bus. Jieun walked in first, and I followed behind.

"I can't believe everyone is leaving me. You chose stinky Hyunjin, and Chungha and Somi think being gay for each other is more important than my happiness."

"I'm sorry," I said with an apologetic smile.

"It's whatever. I'm going to try and seduce that cute lonely boy over there," she said and walked over to him. She pretended to stumble and 'accidentally' fell on his lap. She let out a small laugh, and the boy laughed too seeming to eat up her charade.

She's the Goddess of Seduction. Teach me your ways.

I walked over to Hyunjin and plopped myself beside him.

"I can't believe I'm going to be stuck beside you for 6 hours. Your constant yapping might make my brain explode," Hyunjin said, crossing his arms.

"Well, why don't I just do you a favor and rip out your brain ahead of time?" I said and reached for his head.

"HEY, HEY, NOT THE HAIR! NOT THE HAIR!"

He desperately tried to untangle my fingers from his hair.

"Children, children, settle down!" a teacher yelled over the busy noise.

I quickly distanced myself from Hyunjin and sat up straight.

The teacher gave us a little run down on class expectations, times, bathroom breaks, yada-yada, unimportant stuff. All I know is that the mini lecture was really boring, and I found myself yawning. Like white noise, the teacher's voice put me to sleep and I passed out on Hyunjin's shoulder.

- - -

I woke up to the soft sound of humming. It took me a moment to realize the melody was actually coming from Hyunjin. I pretended to sleep so that the tune wouldn't end. He surprisingly has a really pretty voice.

I smiled unconsciously, clearly appreciating his voice plenty.

Suddenly, I felt fingers touch my head.

Huh?

Hyunjin started to playing with my hair. I'm not even sure if he realized he was doing it.

What's going on? Should I pretend to wake up?

Confused, I stayed put, wanting to see where this was headed.

"I know you're not awake, but you're a very special person to me. Thank you," he whispered.

I used every muscle in my body to not scream "HEH?"

He stopped playing with my hair, and continued humming again. Gently, he rested his head on mine.

What was that?

- - -

As I zoned out on the rom-com we were watching, I couldn't help but think back to what Hyunjin said. It was so kind and random. I want to thank him and say it back, but then he'd know I was only pretending to sleep.

Somi and Chungha were cuddling each other, and Jieun was scowling.

"WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME?" Jieun angrily screams.

"SHHH, OH MY GOSH," Somi whisper shouted. "YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE UP THE BOYS."

"Oh, please, as if they're sleeping anyways. They're probably all making out with each other or something."

"Uh ok," I chimed in.

"No, guys but seriously, WHY ME?" Jieun asked again.

"You're too hot. All the guys are scared of you."

"Awwww, thanks Mimi," she said and hugged my arm. "I still hate this movie though. SCREW YOU RYAN REYNOLDS AND SANDRA BULLOCK!"

"SHHHHHHH!" we all said at the same time.

"Oops, sorry."

- - -

"WAKE UP."

I shuffled in my sleep, ignoring the commotion going on outside my dreamworld. 

"MIMI, WAKE THE FUCK UP!"

Suddenly, sounds started to become clearer as I woke. My other senses also awoke as well, because I now felt a pillow slamming on my face very clearly.

I immediately jolted up. "OWW, WHAT?"

A messy-haired, angry goblin (Jieun) pointed at the end table beside me. "MAKE. IT. STOP."

It was then that I registered the sound of ringing and buzzing coming from my phone. It was terribly obnoxious. I'm surprised it didn't wake me up.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

I looked over at the other two girls, sleeping in the other hotel bed. Chungha was covering her ears with her pillow and Somi was shockingly in a deep sleep.

"Is she dead?" I whispered and pointed at Somi.

"That girl could sleep through a hurricane," Chungha grumbles.

I quickly grab my phone and run into the bathroom to take the call.

"WHAT," I angrily whispered, answering the call.

"Woah, woah woah, calm down, cranky," Hyunjin said.

"I'll show you cranky when I MURDER YO--"

"Before you finish that sentence, I have a question," he says, rudely interrupting my important comment.

"What."

"Want to sneak out?"

My eyes widened. "Sneak out?! Couldn't we get in serious trouble?"

"Only if we get caught," Hyunjin says with a small mischievous chuckle. I could sense his smirk through the call. Maybe I should meet up with him just to slap that expression off his face.

"I like sleep more than I like you."

I was about to hang up when I heard Hyunjin scream "Wait!" so loudly, I could hear him through the walls from next door.

"SHUT UP!" I whisper shouted. "You're going to get in trouble!"

"Please come, Mimi. It'll be fun."

I ponder his offer for a moment. I feel pretty awake right now after that rude awakening earlier. And I suppose the likelihood of us getting caught is low.

"Fineeee, I'll go out."

I quickly hang up and grab a sweater and throw on some flip flops. I open the door to find Hyunjin already there, waiting for me.

"You're bringing a sweater? You act like it's still winter."

"It's not winter anymore?" I ask.

"No, it's spring now, you idiot."

I walked out the door and mocked him. "Bleh, bleh, bleh, it's spwing now."

Hyunjin grunted and flicked me in the head.

I swung my arm in the air, "I won't hesitate to kill you!" I whisper shouted. "You disrupted my precious sleep."

"You can't kill me if you can't catch me!"

"Huh?"

Suddenly, Hyunjin ran off, leaving me behind. "AGHHHHHH! HYUNJIN!"

I bolted off after him.

What an immature LOSER.