Chapter 65

1 month.

I'm not sure why it's taken me one whole month to come up with a grand gesture.

I'm going to use my half decent writing skills to rewrite a new diary. I've bought a new journal from the bookstore and I'm already three pages in.

- - -

It has taken me days now to rewrite our story, endlessly racking my brain to search for memories I had forgotten or under appreciated. It was even harder to figure out what day each big moment happened, but I did it somehow. I had to search through my camera roll, dig through my notes app, go through old texts, look at my calendar, everything, all just so this could be as accurate as possible. Date, Dear Diary, entry, it seems simple but it wasn't.

I just needed him to know how I truly felt, and how I ended up slowly falling in love with him.

I endured even more bullying, people trying to steal my notebook or laugh at the pages they were able to see over my shoulder. Through it all, this little notebook showed endurance and stayed strong, just like my love for the silly boy who ended up embedding himself deep into my heart.

Finally, after exactly 3 days and two sleepless nights, my new diary was finished. My real story was written.

- - -

I grab my arms, hoping the wind will calm down. It's spring, nearing summer, but today of all days the weather decided to be extra cold. It was also raining, which left me shivering even harder, but I made sure to protect at least my notebook. I kept it beneath my jacket, safe from any raging waters.

I've been waiting outside for maybe 4 hours. Outside on his front porch. Outside on his stairs where he wouldn't be able to avoid me.

I creepily stalked him (I'm kidding) and know he's out right now on this Friday night, which is why I'm choosing today to give him my diary, because he would have to come back home eventually.

Suddenly, I see a figure approaching me from the distance with the crappy street lamps and rain obstructing my vision. The figure stopped, realizing someone was on his porch.

All too soon, I knew it was him and he knew it was me. I sat impatiently awaiting his arrival.

Grudgingly, he walked forward quickly, probably hoping his legs could take him up the stairs fast enough to just go right through me.

I stood up, affirmatively, standing in front of his door before he could do so.

Finally, after countless weeks, I saw his face again, not just that blurry image from afar. He was still just as beautiful as ever, somehow even more striking than the day I first found him attractive, similarly, also in the rain with his hair sticking to his face. His hair was a little longer now though. It suits him.

"Hyunjin, please," I croaked.

I realized that I actually haven't spoken in a while. Jieun hasn't visited for a week because she got grounded, and I have no one in school to speak to. The bullies don't listen to my pleas so I stopped saying them.

I coughed to clear my throat.

"Please, I just need you to read one thing, I've been working on it for da--" I started.

"I don't really care," he said promptly.

I gulped.

"It explains everything, from start to end. It has the truth. "

Hyunjin shakes his head. "You have a lot of nerve coming here."

I open my mouth to say something, but it appears that his words have broken my vocal chords.