Chapter 47

And the next best area is obviously the drinking station!

I settled at the counter and got another shot glass, thoughtlessly pouring in it the first liquid I found nearby.

Fuck my liver! Alcohol is so fun!

I was about to grab my drink, when I got distracted and looked back up to see Jieun with the guy. She looked so cute laughing with him and flirting so casually, and he seemed to totally be eating her up. The way she flirted was so natural and effective the way she casually twirled her hair and cracked jokes...I still really needed to ask her how she does that.

Go Jieun!

I looked back down to grab my shot but it was suddenly gone.

"What the..." I mumbled. "I could've sworn I put it--"

"Looking for this?" 

I looked beside me and saw Hyunjin holding my shot.

"Hyunjin! Hi!" I said and drunkenly hugged him. "Why'd you take my shot?"

He looked at me and scrunched his nose. "Don't you think you've already had enough?"

"No such thing!" I said and giggled. Then I attempted to take it back, but before I could grab it he held it high in the air where I couldn't reach it.

"Heyyyy, no fair!"

Hyunjin sighed. "First of all, I thought you would've known to always keep an eye on your drink. You didn't even notice me take it."

"But I--"

"Second, you've already drank enough. You can barely even stand straight."

"But more alcohol means more fun!"

Hyunjin sighed again. "That's not true at all... just trust me on that."

I frowned for a moment, but then smiled at him and leaned in a little. "I'll always trust you."

I noticed his lips perk up slightly, which made me happy. He then placed the drink on the counter to which I responded to by raising up my hands beside me. "See?"

He playfully rolled his eyes at me, like he always does.

I was about to say something snarky when suddenly, the song switched to one of my favorites. 

"AHH! This song is the BEST! Let's dance!" I said and grabbed his hand, leading him to the dance floor. I felt a little resistance from him, making it harder for me to drag him, but I ignored it and trudged on.

"Mimi... I'm not really a party dancer," he said hesitatively.

"Me neither!" I said and kept pulling him.

Eventually we made it to the middle of the dance area and I grabbed his other hand. I joked around and moved his arms to the beat in a very non-dancy kind of way. I'm sure I'd make an actual dancer cry.

However, Hyunjin seemed to be having fun; he even laughed which surprised me. I loved to see him having a good time. It was so different to see than the old Hyunjin at the beginning of the year who was rude and liked to get on my nerves. Well actually... he still does like to bother me but at least now it's tolerable.

I twirled around and then tried to spin him, which shockingly ended up working.

"You are a beautiful ballerina!" I said over the loud music.

"Why, thank you," he said and bowed a little. 

I laughed his gesture. He can be so silly sometimes. He was about to say something else when out of no where a random girl bumped into him and spilled her drink all over him.