Chapter 16

It was three days before I talked to any of the two boys again.

Hyunjin was really mad at me still and Minho has just been busy I guess.

I stopped waiting for Hyunjin when walking home these last few days. One day I even saw him leave before me, so I guess he really doesn't want to walk with me. I'm not exactly sure if he's mad at me, or embarrassed with the way he acted. Either way, he's definitely ignoring me. I'm not going to chase him though, not even if it means my plans will take a bit longer. I have too much pride to chase after a boy, especially when I did nothing wrong. 

I put all my things into my locker, happy that there was no homework today. Usually, I have at least an hour worth of homework to do, but today is my lucky day. I'm probably just going to sit around and do nothing though, since that's what I enjoy the most. 

I walked down the stairs and started heading home. Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching behind me. 

"Mimi! Wait up!" he said.

I turned around and smiled, immediately recognizing the boy. 

"Hi Minho!" I said, "I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Yeah, sorry. I've been busy these last few days with soccer and stuff," he said.

Oh so he's a soccer boy? 

"You don't have to apologize."

We walked forward a few more steps, me not knowing what else to say. My social skills are awful, I never know what to say to people. 

I heard him clear his throat, probably to break the silence and make this less awkward. 

This awkward silence weirdly makes me miss Hyunjin. He's annoying and all, but at least our silences weren't awkward. 

I sighed a little sad about the whole Hyunjin situation. 

I can't believe an idiot like him has actually brought my mood down. 

"Hey, so um, I'm meeting up with some friends right now. Do you want to join us?" Minho said.

Oh... hang out with him? I've only known him for 5 days though. 

I thought about his offer a bit more.

I mean, it is a Friday I guess... and it's not like I have anything better to do. 

"Sure, I'd like to hang out with you guys!" I said. 

"Great!" he said and smiled.

Oh god, he has a nice smile. 

It's the same smile he had in grade 8... not the wicked smile he had when people bullied me, but the smile when he was talking to his friends. The same smile which made me fall for him so hard. 

Snap out of it Yumi! You can't get distracted by Minho! You have to focus on Hyunjin right now, even if he is being a total asshole.

We turned at the street Minho and I parted at the first day he spoke to me. We walked over to a skate park and I saw a group of boys sitting near a ramp. They waved at Minho, so I assumed those were the friends he was talking about. 

"This is Chan, Changbin and Jeongin," Minho said, introducing me to his friends. 

"Hi, I'm Y- erh.. Mimi. Nice to meet you guys!" I said.

Shit. I almost just exposed myself. 

I studied their expressions trying to see if they caught my mistake, but it looked like they didn't notice.