Chapter 8

"10..." Heeyoung said beginning the count down.

I barely even had any time to think before she started.

I quickly hopped off the bleachers, steadily landing on my feet. 

"9..."

That was all I needed to hear to start sprinting as fast as my legs could take me. I lived pretty close to the school, so hopefully it wouldn't take too long for this to end and I could escape these girls. 

I felt the wind drying up my tear streaked face, as I ran with all the power I could muster into my legs. Each stride I took felt so desperate, hitting the ground with force allowing myself to be launched further and further from the awful girls. 

I quickly looked behind me to see what number they were at. I focused my vision and saw Heeyoung holding up three fingers with a grin on her face. 

I looked back ahead of me and kept sprinting. I didn't let myself slow down to catch a breath or anything even though my body was already starting to hurt. 

I looked back again, and watched in horror as Heeyoung's last finger went down. Her friends took off like cheetahs, as they left their leader behind. 

I turned my face back to where I was supposed to be looking and started running faster.

Of course Heeyoung wouldn't actually run. She just planned on watching and sitting on her lazy ass as she watched me suffer. 

Hypocrite.

My legs started to burn, as I pushed them to move as fast as they possibly could. I felt my breathing start to get harder and harder to do, but I had to keep going. Tears were starting to well up in my eyes again, both from the wind and because I was scared. I was so scared. I didn't know what they would do to me if they ever caught me. They've never been physically violent with me before, but I guess things changed. 

I looked behind me again to see that one of the girls had a huge lead on all the other girls. 

Shit shit shit shit shit!

She's the girl who always does well on track and field day, of course she was really fast!

Crap, this girl is probably going to catch up to me!

Think think think, what do I do?!

I decided I was going to take the shortcut to my house. I never went home this way because Hyunjin lived on this street, but I don't care. I need to get away from these girls or else I could get seriously hurt.

I took a sharp turn and as I did, I could see little miss track star. She was only a few houses away from me and I started to cry. I am so scared. This was awful. My throat feels like it's on fire too; every breath I take is painful. My face made a cringing expression while I winced in pain. 

God this really fucking hurts. 

I zoomed down the street and I suddenly saw Hyunjin. He was looking at me with wide eyes, or at least I thought so. As quickly as I had noticed him, was as quickly as I wasn't able to see him anymore because I just needed to get home as soon as fucking possible. My house was only down the street from here and I could just barely see it. I started smiling a bit because I was so close. I was so close to finally getting out of this horrible situation. 

My house started to get bigger and bigger as I neared it. I didn't give my legs a single second to relax or even slow down slightly. The girl behind me was fast and I wouldn't stand a chance if I didn't give this everything I got.