Chapter 42

I tip-toed and looked through the peephole. To my delight I saw Minho stand up and walk away over to his car. I felt the corners of my lips draw upwards ever so slightly watching him drive away, out of my driveway and out of my life. 

I turned around and looked over at Hyunjin. He was wiping his knuckles on his sleeve. It was kind of hot to be honest, but I was too upset to be seduced right now.

"Hyunjin, don't wipe that on your sleeve. You're going to get an infection," I said and grabbed him by the wrist. I led him over to my kitchen sink and washed his bloody knuckles. Luckily I didn't have to apply any medication on his hand because the blood washed right off revealing perfect, unharmed skin... meaning the blood was from Minho's lip.

When I was done washing his hand I turned off the sink and stood there, unmoving. My heart hurt. My everything hurt. What he said was so hurtful... maybe even one of the most hurtful things anyone has said to me. Yeah, the bullying hurt and some of the speeches I heard from Heeyoung would forever stay in my top 10 list of Meanest Things Anyone Has Ever Said To Me... But hearing such hurtful things from someone you were supposed to be able to trust and maybe even love (but luckily we never dropped the "l" word with each other before) hurts on a much more personal level. I can't believe he didn't even feel sorry and even tried to blame me for his infidelity. It was all just too much to handle.

"Mimi..." I heard Hyunjin say. "I think you should go to sleep. You've had a really rough night and I think it would be better to sleep off some of the emotions you're feeling right now."

I turned around and looked at him, my eyes starting to well up again. "How could I sleep after receiving this information? How could I ever sleep after hearing those awful things Minho said about me?"

I thought back to what he said and how I'm a prude. I mean, is that all I'm worth? Was I just some pathetic sex toy for Minho all along?

I grabbed at my arms and shivered. I felt so dirty... so used. I don't know whether to feel good that I never put out for such an asshole like him or to feel bad because that was what ended our relationship. WHAT AM I SAYING?! THAT'S WHAT MINHO WANTS ME TO THINK! HE WANTS ME TO BLAME MYSELF, BUT NO! IT WAS HIS INFIDELITY THAT ENDED OUR RELATIONSHIP, NOT MY PRUDYNESS! 

Hyunjin grabbed my shoulder. "Don't listen to what he said. It was his mistake that ended the relationship," he said, as if almost reading my mind. 

I sighed, "I know... I think. It's just really easy to let his words get to me."

"Well don't let them. He's manipulative. You never did anything wrong. If you weren't ready, you weren't ready and that's on him for not respecting that."

"Thanks, Hyunjin," I said and gave him a weak smile.

"UGH, BUT GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE I PUT HIS THING IN MY MOUTH!" I accidentally blurted out loud. I immediately realized that that probably wasn't an appropriate thing to say and looked up at Hyunjin. He was flushed, his face red but not as red as before. His lips were pressed together slightly, his face taking on a grossed out expression, which I knew he was trying to hide but wasn't doing such a good job at.

"Sorry, should I not share any details?" I said and awkwardly laughed.

"Uh... maybe."

I shook my head quickly to regain composure. "Anyways, that's over and done with," I said and wiped away my tears. "I am never dating again."

I walked over to the couch and angrily plopped down on it, grabbing the remote to turn on the TV.

"Mimi, not every guy is going to be like Minho was to you. Honestly, 90% of guys wouldn't act half as bad as he did."