Chapter 4

I walked into the school excited to start my second day. My first day wasn't too bad aside from me bumping into Hyunjin twice, and Heeyoung noticing me in the cafeteria. Overall though, that day was okay. I made some friends and most of my teachers are pretty nice. 

My first class was pretty boring as per usual, but Jieun would sometimes make fun of the teacher, which made class a little more interesting. I was just doodling on my homework when I realized I had to go to the bathroom. I walked up to the sign up board to let me leave the class. 

I was walking to the bathroom when I noticed Hyunjin leaning on some lockers near it.

Why am I even surprised that he's skipping class?

I rolled my eyes and lowered my head, so he couldn't see my face, as I walked past him into the girl's washroom. He ignored me, thank god, so I continued on with my business. I finished up, then washed my hands. I was walking out the bathroom when...

"This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill," the announcements said. 

What the-?

Hyunjin and I both looked up confused.

"We are going into lockdown, due to police activity outside of the school premises. Teachers please lock your doors and stay safe."

"A lockdown?" I said worried. 

I was already feeling nervous. I've never been in a lockdown before that wasn't a drill, but I only panicked more once I heard the all the doors around us being locked. I looked up at Hyunjin who looked more inconvenienced than confused.

"Come with me," he said as he grabbed my wrist.

My eyes widened at his touch. I didn't have much time to process it though, because soon after he started pulling me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he dragged me down the hall. 

He didn't answer me and we just kept walking, me having to run a little to keep up with his long legs. Eventually, we stopped once we saw a janitor's closet.

"Let's go in here," he said as he pulled me into the janitor's closet. I sat down in the corner panicked. I could see he was trying to come up with something to do as he looked around the small closet. His eyes then quickly fixated on the broom beside me. I picked up on the fact that he wanted it, so I passed it to him hurriedly. He put it above the door handle to prevent it from being opened. He pulled on the door to double check that you couldn't open it, and the door didn't budge. Somehow he managed to keep a calm composure the whole time, seemingly unaffected by the fact we could be in danger. It was a little impressive considering the only thing protecting us was a broom.

He looked back at me and I realized there wasn't really anywhere else to sit but beside me in this small closet. I sighed quietly to myself and I scooted over. Sitting beside Hyunjin wasn't exactly on my bucket list—strangling him would be more likely to be there. I reluctantly patted the spot beside me, signaling for him to sit beside me. He sat down where I gestured, but it was so cramped that our shoulders were touching. It annoyed me a bit, but I was too scared to care that much.

"I hope this isn't too serious," I whispered. 

"I don't think so," he said, "This has happened before, only a couple times though."

I looked back at him confused and raised a brow. 

"It's because one of Seoul's finest banks is situated near us. Attempted robberies happen more often than you'd think." he said annoyed.

"Oh," I sighed.

"You're not from here are you?" He said studying my face.

"U-um no, I just moved here yesterday." I said as I looked to the floor. I tried not looking like I was panicking, even though I definitely was. If he recognizes me, he tell everyone who I really am and I'll become a social reject all over again.