Chapter 30

YUMI'S POV:

The throbbing in my head is what woke me up. My eyes fluttered open and that's when my ears started to work too I guess. The beeping of the heart rate monitor was annoying. The beep, beep, beep wasn't exactly the ideal thing to wake up to. 

I touched my forehead and scowled slightly from the pain that started in my head then suddenly spread all over my body. Memories of last night came flashing back into my brain. It seems like the racing in your heart starts again even just at the thought of traumatic experiences. I felt it drumming in my chest quickly and my favorite machine, the heart rate monitor, gave me an auditory confirmation of the fact. Beep, beep, beep.

I groaned and turned over to my side trying to get comfortable. My eyes met with a sleepy boy sitting on a chair by my bed. I studied Hyunjin's cute resting state. He had his head leaned back and was clutching onto a teddy bear. 

Ha, what a loser. 

I giggled to myself at the sight. 

I guess I ended up falling asleep before he arrived here. I smiled at the thought that he went out of his way to keep me company. He's a really amazing guy. 

I stretched my arms, giving up on the idea of falling asleep again. I sat up and raked my fingers through my hair, thinking about what happened last night. Everything was a blur after Hyunjin left me. The ambulance ride here and all the tests and questions the doctors asked me were all fuzzy. 

A sudden wave of pain surged through my head again and I grabbed it, hoping that would somehow make things better. I suppose banging your head a couple times as you roll down a staircase leaves some lovely after effects. The throbbing became bearable and I let my hands down. 

The room I was in was nice actually. It was well lit and clean—very clean. Quite the comparison to the hotel I was in last night. The feeling of cleanliness warmed my soul and comforted me more than usual. 

I heard movement beside me and I looked over my shoulder. Hyunjin had adjusted his position and clutched his teddy bear tighter. I smiled. This was adorable. I wish I had my phone with me to take a photo, but I realized yesterday in a panicked manner that I left it under the sofa. While being dragged out from under it I guess my first thought wasn't about my phone. Anyways, some cops are going to retrieve it for me today. In the mean time, I'm sure the cockroaches are taking great care of it though. 

Hyunjin shifted again and made a dissatisfied expression. I guess the plastic chair he was in wasn't the comfiest thing. He moved again and groaned. His eyes fluttered open and met mine. He sat up and rubbed his face. 

"Worst chair ever," he said in a soft, sleepy voice.

"Sit here," I said. I scooted over in my bed making room for him. 

He sat beside me and practically moaned, "God! This is amazing! I should've just pushed you off here in the middle of the night and took this bed for myself."

"You dumbass, I'm the one who deserves the bed."

He got comfy, sinking into the sheets of it, "Just be glad I didn't. Chivalry doesn't matter when I'm tired." 

I rolled my eyes. I saw him look down at the stuffy in his arms and noticed his eyes light up. 

"Oh yeah, this is for you," he said, handing me the bear.

I took it and looked at it. It was so cute! It was fluffy and brown, holding a little plushy heart which read, "Get better soon". 

"Thank you," I said and hugged it.