Chapter 21

I woke up and got dressed for school.

Today there was a field trip, so I was excited. Mr. Hon may be a really loud, intense teacher but at least he still gives us trips.

It was a museum we were going to. Not the most exciting thing in the world to attend, but hey, it beats a normal school day that's for sure.

I left my house and saw Hyunjin waiting there like always.

"Good morning, Hyunjin!" I said all preppy.

"Morning," he said and we started walking to school.

We walked forward a few more steps when suddenly Hyunjin was the one to make conversation.

"Are you excited for the field trip?" he asked.

Wow, I cannot believe he actually started a conversation.

I didn't even try to hide my surprise as I looked at him with my mouth gaping open, and my eyes wide.

"What?" he asked confused by my expression.

"Is THE HYUNJIN actually making conversation right now? I don't think this has ever happened before!" I joked.

"Shut up and answer my question," he said and lightly shoved me by the shoulder.

I laughed and stopped teasing him.

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited. It's not very common to have field trips in high school."

"Ha, that's for sure."

We walked up to the school and instead of leaving to go to class like we always do, we stayed at the front of the school. Mr. Hon told all of his science students to wait here in the morning so we can leave for the trip right away.

There were a lot of kids here. It's a combination of both Mr. Hon's classes; his morning and afternoon students so there was probably around 70 kids here right now.

From the corner of my eye I saw stupid Seonghwa standing all alone also waiting for the teacher.

Haha, that loser has no friends. Sucks to suck.

"Who's that?" Hyunjin asked, probably noticing me glaring at him.

"Oh- um... he's a new kid in my class," I answered.

I figure I shouldn't mention the whole fight thing I had with him, because like I said last night, I don't want things to escalate.

He nodded and went on his phone. I just patiently stood around waiting for the teacher to get here and let us go on the trip.

"OKAY CLASS, STAND IN A SINGLE FILE LINE SO I CAN MARK THE ATTENDANCE," Mr. Hon boomed, after only a few more minutes of waiting.

All of us scurried into line, scared by him. Hyunjin just walked though and so did Seonghwa.

I watched as Seonghwa slowly walked to the back of the line.

Is he not scared of Mr. Hon at all? ... Well I guess if he's been expelled 6 times, he can't be scared of much.

I was watching him a little nervous that Mr. Hon would yell at him, when suddenly he looked in my direction as if he sensed my gaze. I quickly averted my eyes and prayed he didn't notice me staring.

Mr. Hon made his way down the line, marking all of us as here on the attendance.

"OKAY, STUDENTS, YOU'RE FREE TO GO ON THE BUSES. TWO PEOPLE PER SEAT ONLY!" he screamed then walked off to his car.