Chapter 49

I felt some resistance from Hyunjin and looked back at him confused.

"Mimi, I'm not sure I want to play..."

I pressed my lips together, "Well, um, I'm going to play. Do you at least want to stick with me?"

"Sure," he said and shrugged.

I smiled and continued to drag him to the circle of people. As we got closer, their uninterpretable shouts became coherent. I listened to the many conversations happening between the people watching and the people playing. I heard some girls non-subtly talk to their friend beside them about who they wanted to kiss. Then I heard some of the watchers speaking about who they shipped.

I finally arrived at the circle and waved, Hyunjin's hand still in mine. "Can I join?"

I heard some guys hoot for me and I blushed a little.

"Hell yeah!" someone shouted.

The people in front of me parted, shifting themselves to make room for me, so I sat down. Hyunjin sat directly behind me on the couch that the circle was in front of. He opened his legs and I instinctively rested my body on him, not even realizing it.

"SPIN, SPIN, SPIN, SPIN!" the crowd cheered.

It wasn't my turn yet, but it was the girl right next to me, meaning my turn was coming up. We all watched the girl as she crawled to the center and spun the bottle. We anticipated who it would land on nervously. I saw the bottle start to slow down a little, seemingly about to land on me. However, it finally settled on the guy to my right.

Some people clapped and hooted. I believe this was one of the couples being shipped. The girl looked at him and nervously smiled, biting her lip. She crawled in front of him and he pulled her in. Their lips locked and they started to kiss.

Everyone cheered and I even heard someone scream, "Finally!"

They parted after a few moments and just stared at each other. The guy leaned in to whisper something in her ear, to which she responded to with an enthusiastic nod. They stood up to leave and the crowd cheered even louder. The guy jokingly bowed saying goodbye, then he left with a wave. I watched as the new formed couple left holding hands, becoming conscious of the empty spaces they left beside me. The circle shifted closing the gaps beside me and I was suddenly aware of the fact that it was my turn.

"Your turn, new girl!" someone shouted.

I smiled and nervously scanned the circle, analyzing who was in it. Luckily, there was only one person who was ugly enough for me to not want to kiss.

Please don't let me land on that guy.

I separated from Hyunjin and went to the center. I confidently spun the bottle, trying to make it so that I wouldn't land on the ugly guy (sorry, I can believe in inner beauty another day). I nervously anticipated the halt of my bottle, watching it spin around and around and around.

Finally, it started to slow down and I felt my heart thump loudly in my chest. I watched as it came to a full stop. It took me a moment to build the courage to look at who it landed on. I spun my head around and saw that it was pointing at... a girl. She was blushing slightly as she stared at the bottle.

She was actually pretty cute. She had a pretty face with sharp eyes and a small nose. I believe her name might be Yeji but I'm not too sure. She had red hair that was long, currently resting on her thighs--though it would probably end around her waist if she wasn't slouching.

The girl finally looked up at me and I moved closer to her slowly. She smiled at me and just went for it. She kissed me and I kissed her back. 

When our lips connected I heard someone scream, "YES! LESBIANS!"