chapter 17. Tutor, 111 days & Piano

Maths teacher Mr Kim grabbed a blue board marker from the teacher's cupboard and went to the board, opening its cap, soon after he entered the class. He neatly wrote a problem on the board before turning to us, running his eyes from one corner of the classroom to another.

" Jungkook.", he suddenly called. I tilted my head and saw Jungkook standing up from his seat, huffing a sigh. Today as usual I was sitting beside Tae in the second row and Jungkook was in the back.

" Come and solve this problem.", Mr Kim said. Jungkook ramp walked with a smirk from his seat in the back to front, presenting a show to all those girls who were drooling over him.

Then he took the marker from Mr Kim's hands with the greatest confidence and started solving the problem on board. Mr Kim, I and almost all the people in the class watched with an open mouth as he used a lot of alphabets and other things like alpha beta, gamma etc in the problem. He was like simply drawing everything that came to his mind at that time. Once he was satisfied, he drew two lines under the last step and turned around grinning at Mr Kim.

"Jungkook ! Did you feel like I'm a clown ?", Mr Kim asked him furiously.

" No..why sir ?", Jungkook asked shaking his head.

" From where did this theta, beta, y, z, multiplication, integration and all came ?", Mr Kim asked causing a few people to laugh. " Shut up ! ", Mr Kim yelled at the class and then looked back at Jungkook.

" This is how Yoongi hyung taught me to solve these kind of problems.", Jungkook replied innocently, causing Mr Kim to glare hard at him.

" This is not correct ??", Jungkook asked looking back and forth between the board and Mr Kim. He literally looked like an innocent little bunny.

Mr Kim sighed shaking his head. " What shall I do with you ?", he asked and slumped down on his chair. " I honestly don't know what to do with you anymore. You are keeping on failing in every test. Okay tell me Jungkook, what is exactly your problem? I don't think you are that much of a fool. "

" My problem is actually, I'm not understanding anything Yoongi is trying to teach me. I want a another tutor.", Jungkook replied.

"Yoongi is the best tutor you could get. You know how much of a maths genius he is ? I wonder why you can't understand him ? And why you can't understand me ?", Mr Kim asked.

" I don't know. I just can't understand anything.", Jungkook shrugged.

Mr Kim sighed again and then looked in my direction. "Park Jimin, Yoongi said you guys covered three chapters on Saturday. I wonder how you did that in such a short time. Were you able to follow him?"

"Er..to be honest, he was going a bit too fast, sir," I said and stood up from my seat. "It was like he wanted to somehow finish the task quickly. I couldn't really understand anything," I replied, causing him to frown at me. "I do agree he is a maths genius. But he expects me to be at his level. So, er..I couldn't grasp many things he explained."

"I see.." Mr Jacob finally muttered, scrunching his eyebrows. "So, do you want me to assign someone else to help you?"

Oh, no need, Mr Kim. I actually like self-study. I went back home and tried to learn differentiation myself. And I could understand everything and solve the problems," I replied, trying to sound genuine.

"Then I hope you can do well in the next class test. Sit down." I nodded and sat down while he averted his gaze back to Jungkook
What about you Jungkook?"

"I'll also study myself," he replied.

"Oh I don't trust you with that," Mr Kim shook his head. "I was planning to make Yoongi tutor you one hour everday after class. But now I think It'll be better if I assign you with someone from your class. I'll let you choose. So, whom do you want?"