Chapter 27. I miss you

I, Tae, and his Dad are in the living room watching TV when the doorbell rings at about 1 pm on Saturday.

I quickly get up from the couch and go to open the door. It's Jungkoom, we were expecting him for some time.

So the thing is, Tae's Mom invited Jungkook for lunch. Yesterday, she came back home when we were just finishing the combine study. Then she asked us whether Jungkook would be coming to study today. He immediately said 'yes' and she asked him to come at noon so that we can all have lunch together. And oh, Tae didn't protest. 

I open the door to reveal Jungkook standing with his bunny smile like usual. But the next moment his smile fades and he shifts his weight uncomfortably on his legs on seeing Uncle sitting on the couch with an intimidating look on his face.

Uncle had just come back from court after one of his client's trials, so he was in his official clothes, crisp black pants, and a costly white shirt after taking off his suit.

"Hello Jeon, Come in.." he says in his deep voice. Jungkook reluctantly walks in, avoiding his gaze. 

"Long time no see," Uncle says eying Jungkook from head to toe. 

"uh..yeah..nice to meet you, Mr. Kim," Jungkook says barely looking at his face. He then quickly glances at Tae who was sitting on the big couch with his arms crossed over his chest. Tae has a small smirk on his face as he watches Jungkook's flustered state in front of his Dad. 

"Take a seat, Jeon," uncle says, motioning at the single couch opposite him, his tone similar to the one which lawyers use while dealing with their clients. Jungkook nods and quickly takes a seat on the couch. I go and sit down beside Tae on the big couch. 

"So, Jeon, how're your studies going?" Uncle asks. 

"It's going good," Jungkook replies. 

"Oh just call him Jungkook," Aunt says, walking out of the kitchen whilst smiling at Jungkook. She has a knife in her hands and she is wearing her apron. Jungkook smiles back at her, ignoring the knife. 

"I've got a bit more work here. Y'all talk. Let's have lunch soon," she says and walks back to the kitchen after Jungkook nods to her. Tae gets up from the couch and follows her. I didn't want to leave Jungkook alone with uncle, so I sit there. Also, aunt doesn't really like anyone helping her in the kitchen. 

"So, what about your grades, Jeon?" Uncle asks. 

I'm sure he knows Jungkook's grades aren't that good. The look on his face says that he is purposefully asking about his studies to fluster Jungkook. 

Jungkook rubs his neck feeling uneasy. "It's..er..okay, average," he replies 

"I see.." Uncle nods. "I heard you are failing in maths and Tae is giving you tuition." 

"Yeah..that's right," Jungkook nods. 

Luckily Tae and Aunt start bringing dishes out of the Kitchen. So, uncle couldn't ask more such questions. 

Actually, Uncle isn't fiery or anything but he just looks a bit scary. He is a kind, caring, sweet husband and Dad. He loves his family dearly. Tae is his baby and he is a little overprotective of him. And I'm sure he is still a bit angry at Jungkook for bullying Tae in the past.