53. Will we win?

"Is there any way to know the results before they announce it?" Jungkook asks me as we walk out of Stanton high school's presentation hall after we present our video game in front of the judges. There were six teams in total and ours was the last presentation. 

"If you have courage, go ask the judges," I reply. 

He leaves a sigh. "What do you think? Will we win?" 

"Don't know. Let's see."  

"Oh c'mon, we will win. Only we made something which actually looks like a game," he says. 

"You know that, right? So why are worrying so much?" I say with a chuckle. 

I'm sure we'll win this competition. Not only the judges but everyone in the hall was impressed seeing our game. No teams except us made a racing game or any similar complicated games. One of the teams presented a crossword game and the other games were very simple ones like shooting the balloon and jumping blocks, the graphics and animation of which were disappointing. 

"I'm worried the judges think we're cheating," Jungkook says. 

"No, we gave a clear presentation and explained every single detail," I say. 

"Yeah..but at first they couldn't believe we made it ourselves. They kept asking me if somebody else helped us." 

"It was in the beginning, right? And they tested us and found out we aren't cheating," I assure him. One of the dignitaries asked me to prepare a difficult code in front of them and I did it in three minutes, making them surprised. They also made Jungkook draw a design and animate it in front of them. They took almost half an hour to evaluate our game while they just spend five minutes with the other teams. 

"But still, I'm feeling nervous. I just can't wait to hear the results," he groans. 

"We'll know it by Monday. Just relax now," I pat his shoulder and fish my phone out of my pocket, switching it on before dialing Yoongi hyung's number. 

Yoongi hyung and Tae had come here along with us as today is Saturday and we had no class. But the security only let inside those students who had participant cards. So, they both went out on a ride somewhere. It's now three hours and God knows where they are. 

Yoongi hyung picks up my call after a few rings. "Hey, is it over? How did it go?" He asks me in an anxious voice. 

"It went well. Where are you guys?" 

"We went to watch a bike race. Now we are heading back. Will be there in ten minutes," he replies, making me surprised. 

"Wow! Really?”

“Yeah..” he chuckles. “Tae made me go. I wasn't that interested but it was actually great!”

“Hmm..okay, come fast. We are hungry," I say and end the call before tilting my face to Jungkook. "I can't believe they both went to watch a bike race without us!" 

"What?" Jungkook looks at me surprised. 

"Seriously? How could you both go to a bike race, leaving us here in the middle of a competition?" Jungkook asks, as soon as we both hop into the backseat of the car.

Tae laughs, turning around from the passenger seat. "We came to know, there's a race going on. So, we went. But I honestly didn't think it would be this great. Oh, how was your competition?”

Jungkook leaves an annoyed sigh, crossing his hands across his chest. I notice Yoongi hyung grinning, looking at me through the rearview mirror. I glare at him, only causing his smile to widen.  

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“To have lunch,” he replies. “So, tell us how your presentation went.”

Yoongi hyung drives us to a restaurant while we tell them in detail about our competition and they tell us excitedly about the bike race they watched and how amazingly the racer who came first, rode down the high ramp. I was so jealous.

Soon we stop in front of a restaurant. After having lunch from there, we head back home. On the way, we spot a hay field and we stop the car and hang out there for some time, enjoying the afternoon breeze. It's 4 pm when we hop back into the car. 

There was still half an hour's ride back home. But after ten minutes, we notice the poster of a romantic movie in front of a theatre. The actor and actress were really attractive, so we decide to watch it. 

But twenty minutes into the movie, I realise what a bad decision it was to stop here instead of going home. Cause the movie had absolutely no plot but a steamy kiss scene or sex scene comes up every five minutes. At first, I sat thinking it will be over soon and such a scene won't come up again but it wasn't long before I realized we are actually watching an R-rated film. 

I couldn't do anything but look down and bite hard on my lips, trying to ignore the sounds of couples around us kissing each other obscenely. 

"Let's go!" Yoongi hyung finally says. I look up from my lap to catch a glimpse of the actor and actress completely nude under the shower, doing that. I immediately look away only to notice a guy near us sucking his partner's neck while she rubs him in between his legs. I cringe hard at the sight.

The next moment I feel a hand around my wrist before I get pulled up from my chair. Then I'm rushing out of the dark theatre room behind Yoongi hyung while the people around us shout and complain about us blocking their vision. 

I take a deep breath as we finally step out into the light. Tae and Jungkook soon come rushing out, panting. Both of their faces were bright red and Tae had a petrified expression on his face. I look at Yoongi hyung and he is also a crimson. The same is probably my case. 

None of us make absolutely no comment as we walk to the car and hop inside. And we drive in silence for almost five minutes. 

"Didn't the person at the ticket counter ask you if you are 18?" Yoongi hyung finally asks. Tae and Jungkook were the ones who went to get the tickets. 

"No.." Jungkook mumbles. 

We don't talk about that topic after that. Yoongi hyung puts on the music and in fifteen minutes, we reach in front of Jungkook's house. Tae also hops out along with him as Jungkook promise to drop him back later. 

After that, I and Yoongi hyung drive in direction of our homes. 

"Finally, your video game is over. So, what are you doing tomorrow?" Yoongi hyung asks me. 

"Oh..yeah, now I'm fully free. What shall I do now?" I ask more to myself. 

"Exams are starting in less than two months. Have you started studying anything yet?" He asks. 

"I don't know anything except maths," I say honestly. 

"Then let's study tomorrow," he says. 

Wait, there are still two months. Isn't it too early to start studying now? 

"Okay, where? My home or your home?" I ask as he looks at me expectantly. Anyway, I don't have any plans for tomorrow. So, I guess I'll study something instead of simply wasting time. 

"My home?" He asks. 

"Yeah, okay," I nod.

"See you tomorrow, sleep early today," he says as we reach in front of my home. I nod to him and kiss him goodbye. 

Once he drives away, I walk to the house and unlock the door using my key. Then I go directly to my room and fall back on my bed, closing my eyes. 

Finally, I'm going to have a good sleep after so long.