42. We taught the monkeys how to kiss

"We'll be there in ten minutes," he said.  

I looked out of the window and realized we were now driving along the countryside, leaving the city far behind. Vast stretches of green fields and tall trees lined either side of the narrow winding road that seemed to be never-ending under the clear blue sky. I could also see a couple of greyish green hills lurking at a faraway distance.  

I rolled down the window a little and soon I felt the bite of the fresh breeze on my cheeks, nose and ears. I tilted my face to look at Yoongi. His ears and cheeks were slowly turning pink, his long hair fluttering across his eyes in the wind. I couldn't help but keep on staring at him.  

Suddenly I felt like I was experiencing one of the most beautiful moments in my life. It seemed to me, I was riding through one of the most wonderful places on earth, holding the hands of someone special.  

The ride ended quickly. I was surprised when Yoongi suddenly stopped the car beside a woodland. I looked out of the window and saw tall trees standing in rows, their branches almost touching the sky.  

"C'mon.." he said. I turned to see he had already unbuckled my seat belt. I hopped out along with him to feel the cool air hit my nostrils. I inhaled the fragrance of the woods deep into my lungs, feeling almost dazed. I didn't think he was bringing me to the woods when he said we were going to the lake.  

"Is this a forest?" I asked looking around in amazement.  

"Yeah..kinda," he replied, taking my hands. "But the real forest is on the other side of the lake. C'mon.."  

Holding his hands I stepped into the woods, admiring the wilderness. The path was laden with wild grass and fallen wet leaves. I could feel each blade of grass separating and crunching under my feet. It was thickly silent except for the sounds of birds and crickets.  

"Carefull.." he suddenly said, gripping my hands tightly, making me almost flinch.  

"Oh..okay," I nodded, tilting my head to see him clearing a fallen twig out of my way. I'd have almost tripped on it now. I was so busy looking around in the woods.  

"You said you are bringing me to the lakes. But this is forest," I said.  

"Lake is there," he said pointing forward. I looked carefully and I could only see an empty space in the distance. 

"How do you know this place?" I asked him, looking up at the small patch of blue sky I could see through the gaps in between the branches of the trees.  

"I and Dad always used to come here," he replied.  

"Oh! Yoongi hyung, look look!" I involuntarily squealed pointing at the branch of a tree on spotting a monkey sitting there, looking at us with wide eyes.  

"Oh..yeah Jimina, your twin," he nodded.  

"That's your twin, Yoongiah" I smacked his hand playfully whilst looking around. Soon I could see more monkeys on the branches here and there.  

"There's a lot of them. Will they attack us?" I asked, clutching his hands a little tightly.  

"They have understood we don't have any food with us. So, they won't do anything unless you try to hurt them. But try not to make too much eye contact."  

I instantly averted my gaze from the monkeys, feeling a little scared. I don't want to die young from a monkey attack.  

"Shh...are there any other animals here?" I asked him in a whisper as I felt something bigger than a monkey, moving far away.