Chapter 11. Do you believe me now?

I felt relieved as I walked out of the library after detention. Today was Friday, that means my detention ended. I finished all the ten essays and now I just need to submit them at the principal's table on Monday. I really hope I won't have to come here again after class. But not sure since Min Yoongi is still alive and very much sound.

I fished my phone from my pocket and switched it on. Soon it started to vibrate as notifications hit it one after another. There were messages from Jungkook and Tae. I quickly opened Jungkook's message which was sent to me just five minutes ago.

'I don't think Tae would let you go to my house. And I don't think we can ever work on the video game together. It would be better if you find someone else to be your partner.'

Shit! So the whole meeting just screwed things up. What actually happened?

Before I could text Jungkook back, my phone rang showing 'Tae' on caller ID.

"I'm waiting for you at the parking. Come fast," Tae said as soon as I picked the call.

"Okay," I replied and ended the call, quickly walking towards the parking.

Tae was standing leaning on his car when I reached there. He proceeded to walk round to the driver's seat on seeing me.

"Wait! Did you talk to Jungkook?" I asked walking fast to him.

"Yeah..and I don't want to talk about that," he said pulling open the driver's seat door.

"Okay then wait! I'm not coming home with you. You can go." I suddenly decided I was going to Jungkook's house, no matter what. I need to know what happened.

Tae turned to me scrunching his eyebrows. "Where are you going?"

So, Jungkook hasn't told him about the video game?

"I'm going to Jungkook's house," I replied.

"What! Jungkook's house?!", he scoffed in surprise. "Why are you going to Jungkook's house?"

"I and Jungkook are participating in the video game designing competition in IT fest. So to start working on it. I already texted your Mom and asked her permission."

"When did you plan this? Why didn't you tell me? And why the hell is Jungkook your partner? You couldn't find anyone else?" he asked, his face furious.

"We just planned it today afternoon." I lied. "I found Jungkook is good at drawing and graphic designing. So I thought to ask him to be my partner. You know, he is one among the very few people I know in this school. Besides he has also taken computer science like me," I replied.

"But Jungkook didn't tell me about it while we talked," he said, his eyes narrowing further.

"He probably felt, you won't let me go to his house. And I think you didn't let him speak anything." I said.

"I let him talk! And it was him who first left the basketball court after he finished talking. Anyway, I don't believe most of the things he said," he said clearly exasperated. "And Mom let you go to his house?"

I don't know whether I should tell him the truth or not. If I lie, he would realise it as soon as he reach back home. Then Aunt would also know I lied. "Actually I said I'm going to work on my chemistry project with my partner. Didn't say about the video game competition," I replied.

"You lied to her!" he stated clearly unimpressed. "She wouldn't have let you go if she knew. So, Iisten, you aren't going. And it's not even a week since you met him. What do you know about Jungkook?"

"I know he is good at graphics and animation. I think that's enough I should know in order to work with him on this project."

"I said you are not going after lying to my Mom. So shut up and just get inside the car."

"No!" I scoffed, scratching on my chin in frustration.

"Look, I'll let you participate in the competition with anyone, but Jungkook. So find someone else," he said.

"C'mon Tae, you play with Yoongi every day. I'm okay with it, although I hate him. What's your problem with me working with Jungkook?"

His face instantly twisted into a frown. "So, today morning why you said you don't have any problem with Yoongi? Why you bought him breakfast? You were acting so nice to him. What was all that?" He scoffed.

"Didn't you understand, I was just acting?" I sneered back angrily.

"Why?" he asked, now a bit calm.

"Nothing..." I shrugged my shoulder.

"Say why Jimin!" he sneered.

"He threatened me that he would report to the principal, it was me who keyed his car and get me suspension if I don't buy him breakfast, behave nicely to him and do everything he says. He made me run, made me buy food for him and made me return and issue a lot of books from the library for him," I almost shouted and then let out a sigh.

"What!" Tae uttered unbelievably. He was silent for the next few seconds and he looked like he was thinking deeply.

"See, you don't believe me, right?" I asked.

"No..I saw him taking out a big pile of books this morning and giving his Id card to you. I was confused but I just didn't ask you about it in front of him. What all is happening? Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?" he asked.

"You won't believe me. You trust Yoongi more than me," I said crossing my hands over my chest. He sighed as if in frustration. I heard him mumble something like 'So, was Jungkook telling the truth?' I'm sure he said that.

"C'mon..do you believe me now?" I asked.

"I can't believe Yoongi hyung threatened Jungkook and you. I can't understand what's happening. But look Jimin, I trust you. Tell me the truth. I'm asking you once again. Are you the one who keyed his car?" he asked staring into my eyes.

I felt nervous. I wanted to tell the truth. But it seemed like Tae was now in a state where he don't know whether to believe Yoongi or Jungkook. If I tell the truth now, he would only stand with Yoongi. So I shook my head. After all, I'm not the one who keyed his car.

Tae nodded briefly and then brushed his hair backwards in frustration.

"Tae, can I please go to Jungkook's house? I'll be back before 9," I asked him for the last time, making a pleading look. I know this won't work, but..

"Okay.." he nodded surprising me. "I'll drop you at his house." Then he opened the driver's seat door and hopped in. My mouth almost dropped open. Why this sudden change?

The next moment I was jumping and squealing. "Thank you so much, Tae Tae. I love you," I squealed hopping into the passenger seat.

"Okay stop! But why do you guys have to start working today itself? You have this whole weekend. Why don't you start tomorrow morning?" he asked buckling his seat belt.

"We don't have time to waste. We might work tomorrow also," I said the last sentence quietly. Strangely, Tae didn't say anything and just turned the key in the ignition, pulling the car out of the lot.

So, his talk with Jungkook didn't actually fucked up things like I thought. I'm sure Tae is just confused and he would soon realise the truth.