33. Am I falling for the Cold Prince?

I didn't see Yoongi on Monday. I didn't see him in the library or anywhere for the next two days. It almost seemed like he was purposefully avoiding me. Cause, how come I don't spot him for a whole week? 

So, I finally thought it was time to check up on him. Wednesday, I quickly finished my lunch and headed towards the back garden of our school, looking for him. 

He was sitting under the same tree with a book in his hands. When I went closer, he looked up. I glanced at the book and it wasn't 'The Fault in our stars.' It was another book with a yellow cover. 

"Hey.." I said with a small smile. He didn't smile back. 

"You came here looking for me?" He asked. He sounded uninterested, he still hadn't closed the book. 

"Uhm..yeah," I nodded. "I didn't see you for a few days. That's unusual. We used to meet somewhere every day." 

"People only see me when I put an effort to appear in front of them. Otherwise, I'm invisible," he said and averted his eyes back to the book. 

"Oh? Then does it mean you were following me earlier?" 

He looked up again. "No. Why would I follow you?" 

"Okay, then why are you suddenly talking like some mysterious guy?" I asked and slumped down beside him, yanking the book from his hands, almost taking him aback. He instantly moved away from me, making me frown. Anyway, I closed the book and looked at the front cover to see which novel it was. 

"Louis Sachar, Holes," I read. "Holes?? What kind of holes?" I asked tilting my head to him. His lips parted in surprise. 

"It's not the kind of holes you were thinking about," he said and snatched the book back from me. 

"I wasn't thinking about anything. What did you think I was thinking about?" I asked with a chuckle. 

"Nothing.." he muttered and left a sigh. 

"Okay, did you finish Fault in our stars?" I asked. 

"I had already read it two times before," he replied. 

"Oh..." I nodded. My phone then vibrated in my pocket and I fished it out to see it was Jungkook. "Okay then, carry on. I've got to go." I said and got up from the grass, answering the call. 

"Hey, where are you? I'm already in the lab," Jungkook said from the other side of the line. 

"Jungkookah, I'm coming. I'm almost there. Wait for me," I said and ended the call, placing the phone back in my pocket, and proceeding to leave. 

"Why did you come here then?" Yoongi scoffed. 

I turned around surprised. He was looking kind of angry. 

"Just to check up on you since I didn't see you for a few days," I replied. 

"Why would you check up on me?" He asked. 

I didn't have an answer. Why would I check up on him? 

"Just....I wanted to know whether you are alright after all the incidents. It was my fault," I stammered, looking at his narrow cold eyes and dark locks falling over his pale forehead. 

"And you're leaving cause you think I'm alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah..you seem fine," I said and bit my lips. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm perfectly alright. I've never felt this good before. Leave!"

I didn't know what to do. I was shocked at his sudden outburst.