Chapter 29. Back at Blackmailing

"So Park Jimin, you are confirming that the principal or any other staff at school didn't try to threaten you or your friend by dismissal or suspension or any other means after the incident?" The middle aged police inspector sitting in front of me asks.

"No," I shake my head.

"And they said they'll pay compensation to your friend?" he asks.

"Yes," I nod.

"Okay, thank you for cooperating with us, Jimin. Your friend told us the same. We'll be taking the necessary actions immediately. There's no need to worry about anything," he gives me a tight lipped smile and gets up from the couch. I nod and stand up along with Tae and his parents.

"If you or your friend face any problem from the school authorities in the future, you can call us at this number," the young officer along with him says handing me a card.

"Sure, thank you," I nod taking the card from his hands. Soon, uncle walks them out of the house and Tae's Mom leaves a relieved sigh.

So, the thing is, the video from the football ground went viral on social media soon after the incident. By 8 Pm, police went to Yoongi's house and took his interview. After that, they directly came here to take my interview.

But I'm now really nervous. Cause, Yoongi probably told the police that he isn't the one who posted the video. So, they might be taking action to find out who did it. Although my IP address is hidden, I feel nervous. If I hadn't edited and pasted Yoongi's footage in the place of the footage I erased, there wouldn't have been any problem. The police would have simply thought that some student accessed Yoongi's phone. Now it isn't the case. What I did for extra safety has come back to me as a trap.

"I still can't believe you stood up for Yoongi hyung," Tae says once the police drive out of our porch.

"At that moment when I saw him on the ground, all exhausted, I felt like what was happening was unjust, so I spoke up. That's all," I say.

Tae and Jungkook were so freaking shocked knowing the whole thing. They were waiting for me outside the principal's office when I walked out with Yoongi. Tae soon grabbed my hands and took me to the canteen, demanding an explanation about what happened. Jungkook naturally followed us. I told them both that I just did what I felt like doing. But they both can't still believe I stood up for Yoongi.

"Anyway Jimin, you did a great thing!" Tae's Mom says.

"You guys told me that a lot of times already," I smile. "Now, I've to finish an assignment for tomorrow. Let me go start working on it."

"Yeah..okay. Go on," Imo smiles. I nod and quickly skip up the stairs.

Once I reach my room, I sit down in front of my desk, picking up my phone from the charger. Now there is no time to read the whole Hamlet, I guess I shall read some summaries from google.

I proceed to tap on Google but then I see a lot of notifications on my status bar from Instagram. So I tap on the app. And to my shock, I've received 8 K follow requests in the last 4 hours. Shit!

That guy who posted the video on ig surely mentioned my username. Good that my account is private. I sigh and press the 'delete all requests' button before muting my notifications and going to google, Typing 'Hamlet summary.'

I tapped on the first website which appeared and started reading the summary. I finished reading it in twenty minutes and then searched for a critical analysis of Hamlet to copy lines from. Then I started writing the assignment. I was done writing four pages in half an hour and I decided that was enough. Then I stapled my assignment and put it in my file before going to the bed and plopping down.