Chapter 25. Ridiculous glasses

When the doorbell rings at 5:50 Pm, Tae instantly drops his controller from his hands. We were playing a video game in his room after coming back from school. "Might be Jungkook," he says looking at me. "Go open the door."

"Okay..." I hum whilst crawling out of the bed. "Er..Tae, let's study here today?" I ask, already expecting him to start yelling at me. 

But he just ask "You wanna study here?" totally surprising me. 

"Yeah.." I nod, trying to not show the surprise on my face. "It's difficult to sit on the couch and study. Here is better" 

"Okay, tell him to come upstairs," he says blankly. My eyes almost pop out at that. But I quickly turn around and walk out of the room before he could change his mind. 

I can’t help but wonder what happened to him as I excitedly skip down the stairs. I quickly pull open the front door to reveal Jungkook smiling at me. My mouth involuntarily drops open. Cause he is wearing a big black plastic framed rectangular glasses on his nose. 

"What the hell!" I utter. 

"I just went and got them from the clinic. How is it?" He asks a bit nervously. 

"You look like a nerd." 

"What!" He utters in shock. "This doesn't suit me?" 

"No. Thank God, you didn't get it this morning and wore it to school." 

"This is really that bad?" He asks in confusion, taking the glasses off of his face. 

"Yeah, I bet you'd have been the main topic of discussion among girls instead of Mr. Lee and Yoongi if you wore these ridiculous glasses to school today. Honestly, your whole reputation would have got ruined, Jungkook." 

"What should I do? Doctor told me to compulsorily wear glasses. Otherwise, I'm gonna suffer from severe headache." 

"Wearing glasses is okay. But why couldn't you select some sexy-looking pair? You know, like the type all those idols wear." 

"Honestly Jimin, I'm broke. Those glasses are all so costly." 

"But you had money to spend at Bar," I cross my hands across my chest.

He leaves an irritated sigh. "You know what, I don't care if girls think I look ridiculous in these glasses. In fact, it's good, I finally get rid of a lot of them," he says placing the specs back on his nose. 

I let out a chuckle. "You don't look that bad actually. I was just kidding, Jungkook ah" I say and move away from the doors to let him in. Actually I wasn't joking. Those glasses don't suit him at all. Poor Jungkook! Can't even afford good glasses now.

"We are studying today in Tae's room," I say as he proceeds to sit down on the couch. 

"What?" he asks me surprised. 

"Yeah..Tae told me to bring you upstairs," I say smiling. 

"Really? What happened? Is he alright?" he asks frowning a bit. 

"I don't know. C'mon..let's go upstairs," I say and hop up the stairs. Jungkook follows me behind, a bit confused. 

"Aren't you gonna ask Yoongi to give you back Tae's diary?" I turn and ask him as I suddenly remember about it. 

"I think he already destroyed it," he says, his lips taking a downward tilt. "You shouldn't have mentioned it." He looks at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jungkookah," I say. But I don't really think Yoongi destroyed the diary. 

"Hmm...it's okay," Jungkook sighs. 

"Okay, Come.." I say ushering him towards Tae’s room. He nods a bit nervous, walking behind me. Probably he is afraid what Tae thinks about his glasses.