45. Double Date

There was a small change in our movie date on Saturday. Like I thought, Jungkook and Tae were also planning to go out. So, instead of going on separate dates, we all decided to go together. At first, Jungkook was reluctant but I and Tae somehow made him agree.  

Jungkook was at our home from early morning and we were working on our game. Yoongi came a little before 1 pm and we all headed in his car to a restaurant to have lunch first. The lunch was delicious but it was a little awkward for Jungkook and Yoongi. Anyway, I and Tae totally enjoyed watching them.  

After that, we headed to the theatre. We had already booked the tickets online, so we just went inside and occupied our seats.  

It was a thriller, investigating the murder of a girl and hence the whole time we were concentrated on the movie, trying to guess who is the killer. Yoongi and Jungkook were on my either side.  

"I bet her best friend is the murderer. She wants her boyfriend," Jungkook mutters beside me.  

"No, she seems innocent. It's the other guy, her boyfriend's brother," Yoongi says from my other side.  

"No way," Jungkook leans forward and chuckles looking at him.  

"Let's see," Yoongi says. "Anyway, it isn't her friend. Her body language says she is saying the truth."  

"Have you studied psychology to say that?" He asks him sarcastically.  

"I haven't. But you just need a little observation skills to understand if people are lying or not," Yoongi spats back.  

"Let me see what you'll have to say in the end when she gets arrested."  

"That's not going to happen," Yoongi also lets out a chuckle.  

"Let's see if it's.."  

"Can you just shut up and let me watch the movie, Jungkook?" Tae asks tilting his head to Jungkook with a glare.  

"Yeah, but look at him making stupid guesses and being overconfident," Jungkook says.  

"Are you up for a bet then?" Yoongi asks.  

"Bet?" Jungkook frowns, tilting his head back. "Yeah, okay."  

"1000$," Yoongi says nonchalantly, making me chuckle inwardly.  

"What!?" Jungkook scoffs, wide-eyed.  

"Are you afraid you'll lose?" Yoongi smirks.  

"No, you are the one going to lose your money. I'm up for it," Jungkook says.  

"Okay, get ready to lose then," Yoongi says and leans back on his chair.  

A few seconds later, I feel Jungkook nudge my hand and I lean closer to him. "Do you think his guess is right?" He asks me, tensely.  

"Yeah..I think so," I mutter, although I don't feel like it.  

"What!? Then why didn't you warn me?" He almost panics.  

"You were so confident earlier," I chuckle.  

"Alright, if he wins, you are going to have to secretly lend me 1000 bucks."  

"Wait.." I look at him with an open mouth. Before I could say anything more, Yoongi wraps his hands around my shoulder and swiftly pulls me towards him, making me almost fall onto his chest.  

The next moment, Jungkook leans back towards Tae and places his head on his shoulder before grabbing his hands and intertwining their fingers, snatching the popcorn bucket from his hands.