Boy in Luv { part one } | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language/content

first-person

word count: 2401

Insecurities are a bitch; they always get the best of me. There's not a day when I look in the mirror and tell myself that I'm ugly. HELL! I tell myself that so much that it echoes in my head. There's nothing anyone can do or say to make me change myself. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I try...I try not to think so negatively of myself, but I can't help it. This strives from years of trauma.

Am I fat?

Should I be thinner?

Am I good enough?

There's no way in hell anyone would want a pig like me. My nose is too big. My breast isn't as perky as the girls I see on Instagram. My hair isn't as long and beautiful as I want it to be. My feet are too fat and I have acne. There's absolutely nothing attractive about me.

I'm better off staying out of the spotlight and staying in the shadows where no one will notice me. Because I know that there's no way someone as ugly as myself could ever be loved.

It's the same routine for me every day. I wake up at five o'clock in the morning, take a shower, skip breakfast and be on my way to school. I may be insecure, but I'm smart. I go to Midtown High, the school of science and technology. I'm your typical girl with A's in almost every course except theater.

Out of all the extracurricular classes they have, they decided to put me in the theatre. I didn't even know that they had a theater in this school. I also forgot to add that not only am I insecure, but I'm shy as hell! The opposite sex is a no-go for me. I can't even look a man in the eye. Especially if they're good-looking.

"Fucking hell," I muttered as I walked onto campus. I wake up at five am just to walk on campus in peace, but it seems as if others had the same thing in mind today.

"Why me, why today? It's six-thirty in the morning. Shouldn't people still be asleep?" I pulled my hoody down over my head more to hide my face.

Peter Parker's Point of View

"I just have to ask, what made you want to walk to campus so early today?" Ned asked as we walked towards campus.

Peter knew why he wanted to go to school early today, but he didn't want to tell Ned yet. Yes, that's his best friend, but timing is everything when you have a crush, and he wanted to get to know this particular person more before anything happens.

"You know I love school, W-Who doesn't?" I said as I nervously bit my lip.

"Great job Parker, you can't just play it cool?" I mumbled to myself as I tighten the straps on my book bag.

Ned rushed up in front of him, making Peter stop in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Dude...I know you. Yes, you may like school, but there's no way that you would want to come to school for that." Ned said as he suspiciously eyed Peter up and down.

Peter quickly looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with Ned.

"Nothing is going on, seriously...At least for now." I whispered the last part to myself.

"What was that?" Ned asked.

"N-NOTHING! How about we just get to school, okay?" I started walking quickly, leaving Ned behind.

"That was close." I took a deep breath focusing on how to approach the situation.

Arriving on campus, I saw her. Walking towards the front entrance with her oversized hoody. It's way too big for her, but she looks adorable in it. She wore navy blue mom jeans with black converse. I stopped to take a better look at her as she walked in.