And After That, We Didn't Talk { part two } | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 1083

You didn't even wait until the end of the day to go home. Right after the incident in the cafeteria, you went straight towards the school's exit and walked home. It hurt; it hurt you so bad that Peter rejected you. To top it off, he abandoned you in front of the whole cafeteria. You kept questioning yourself. Are you not good enough? This was something that would scar you for life. Knowing that he could never like you the way you want him is heartbreaking.

For once in Queens, it was quiet. It's unusual for that to be since this was one of the most chaotic places. Lucky for you, your mother would not be home until that evening.

The tears rolled down your face as you walked through the doors of your home. You didn't want to face anyone right now. What happened just kept pondering in your mind.

Opening your room door, you threw yourself on your bed and cried your eyes out. Meaning while at school, Peter was sitting in the cafeteria feeling bad.

"PETER, YOU ASSHOLE!" Michelle yelled as she walked up towards Peter. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?" Peter felt such guilt. "I - I'm sorry...I - I didn't mean to yell at her - hurt her feelings." Michelle rolled her eyes. "Yeah - well, you did, and I hope you're happy." Peter watched as Michelle walked away. Peter put his head down in shame. He didn't mean to upset her; it just came as a shock to him.

"Dude..." Peter looked up to see Ned. "I - I..."

He tried to get out, but there was nothing to say. He knew what he did was wrong. "I don't know what has gotten into you, but you have changed....not for good either." He now watched as Ned walked away. It broke him. It hurt him that he made his best friend cry. It broke him that he watched as they left him at a table filled with people who didn't give a shit about him.

"Peter, don't worry about them. They were losers anyways. You have me." Liz grabbed his hand and rubbed it. Peter looked over at their hands and snatched it away. "I just lost my friends, best friends, and all you want to think about is you?" Liz looked confused. "Peter, what are you talking about? I have everything that you have always wanted."

He rolled his eyes and got up. "There's a difference between want and need, and let's make this clear." He got closer towards her. "I never wanted you and everything, everyone that I ever wanted and needed just walked out that door. How could I be so stupid and not realize that? Goodbye, Liz."

Peter rushed out of the school, running your house. He was worried about you, about how he hurt you. He tried calling you, but you wouldn't pick up, so he went to his next best resort. "What do you want?" He knew that Ned was still upset with him but was grateful that he answered. "Look, I'm sorry about what I did. That was stupid of m-."

"You're damn right. You embarrassed ____ in front of the whole cafeteria."

"I know. I know. I was stupid, and I don't even know why I asked Liz out when I had someone that I know who would really like me for me."

"Well, dude...why did you call me?"

"Because she wouldn't answer my calls, and I wanted to know if you knew if she's ok." "I don't know. I tried calling her once I left, but she wouldn't pick up." Peter sighed. "Well, I'm at her place now. I'll check on her." "Good luck...you'll need it." He blew out a breath that he didn't even know he was holding. He was standing in front of your apartment, contemplating if he should knock or not. "You can do this, Peter." One swift knock brought you out of your crying state.

Walking to the door, you were wondering who it could be? They kept knocking at your door, and you were getting irritated. "HOLD ON! I'M COMING!" You quickly opened the door only to be disappointed.

"What do you want, Parker." Peter looked up, not even realizing that you opened the door. "____?" He said like he was in a daze. "The one and only. Now, what do you want?" He cleared his throat. "I just wanted to say that I'm s-."

"Save your sorry for someone who cares." Peter looked at you wide-eyed. "B - But."

"BUT WHAT, PETER!?!" You felt yourself about to break down any moment. "I can't believe you right now. Don't come to me and try to pity me. I have always liked you. Ever since the time we first met. But you....you were too oblivious to see it." There was a silence between the two of you. "____ just hear me out....please." You crossed your arms and looked at him.

"I'm trying to apologize for my wrongdoing. It was foolish of me to embarrass you like that. It was foolish of me to even ask Liz out, knowing that I had someone right in front of me having everything that I ever needed. I love you ____."

"Love? You love me?" He stood there quietly, shaking his head yes. "Peter, do you even know what love is? Love is not yelling at someone and embarrassing them in front of the whole school. Love is not leading someone to believe that someone could have a chance with you. Peter, you do not know what love is, and I'm sorry, but I don't want to see or talk to you anymore. I think it's just for the best."

Peter gently grabbed your arm, getting your attention. "Wait ____! Please don't do this. I do truly love you." You looked him in the eyes.

"Peter, if you love me so much, then let me go." You whispered. "I have nothing to give you."

"You are worth more than you think ____. Please just give me a chance." He begged. You could see the tears at the rim of his eyes. It broke your heart, but you just couldn't go through it. "I'm sorry, Peter. This is goodbye." Peter stood in front of your door in shock. He did not think that this is how it would be. He was left heartbroken and destroyed.

Comment and Vote Please!