A Reason { part one } | Tom Holland

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 546

They say there's a reason for everything, but you couldn't find out why your existence. You felt empty, like there was a gap that couldn't be filled. You were missing something, something apart from you that you couldn't grasp. Living alone sitting in your empty house didn't help you either. Your phone ring knocking the silence out. "Hello?" You answered.

You didn't even bother to look at the caller ID. "____? Honey, are you still coming over for thanksgiving tomorrow?" Your mum asked from the other side of the phone. You slapped your hand onto your forehead. "Of course, mum. Do you need me to bring anything?" You didn't know how, but it totally slipped your mind that you were supposed to go over to your mums for thanksgiving. Actually, thanksgiving slipped your mind altogether.

"No, just bring yourself. Everything we need is already here." You slowly rubbed your face in frustration. "Okay, mum, I'll see you tomorrow, love you." "Love you too ____." You didn't live too far from your mum, just a couple of hours away.

All of your subtle thoughts quickly came back to you, making you cringe. You thought maybe a walk would help. Quickly you grabbed your coat and walked out of your house. The cool fall breeze blowing over you felt blissful. You hoped for no surprises when you went to your mums, but you had a feeling that you would have one.

It was getting late, and the walk you had done did not help you consume your thoughts. If anything, it made it worst. There has to be a reason why you were alive. Was it to get your heart broken but every man you've been with. There has to be a reason that you cry and as you walk these roads throughout your life. You'll find the subtle reasons. Maybe there's no reason for existence.

If so, then everyone would be fishies in the ocean we call life. But existence doesn't become one until we make up one. We create our own reason. You tried to kill your thoughts, they won't help you anymore. You're trying to free your heart. It's the only thing that breaks but still can be taught. Love every breakup that comes into your life; it's just a test. Shed your skin. Realize that it's just water. Gratitude's the reason. Embrace the subtle sense, make your own reason.

It was now time for you to go to your mum's house. For some odd reason, you were dreading it. A few hours later, you came to a complete stop in front of your mum's house. Something was not right. You knocked on the door and waited a few seconds, and then the door was opened. "____!" Your mum embraced you into her arms. "There's someone here to visit you."

You looked at her, confused. "Who is it?" You asked your mum as she closed the door behind you. "They're in the living room where everyone else is." You nodded and began to walk towards the living room. You heard loads of laughter and talking. But once you saw what you saw, it brought back harsh cold memories. "Tom?" You whispered.

Comment and Vote Please!