Quicksand { part one } | Peter Parker { TH }

warnings: mature language / content
third person
word count: 2411

Asking for people for stuff is something you hate doing. When you ask people for things, it seems needy, and you didn't like to be impoverished. So when it came down to you not being able to pay for your utilities and bills, you just had to have a way of doing it on your own.

"____ I need my money." The scruffy old landlord said to you. New York has its ups, but it also has its downs. With the apartments being higher than your pay grade, you had to get two jobs just to make it day by day. Even with the two jobs, it seems as if you still didn't make enough; it was tiring you by the second.

"Mr. John, I will have your money soon, I promise. Just give me a little more time." You said as you were in front of your apartment door struggling to carry your belongings for work. He was standing just across from you smoking a cigarette. He walked up to you and looked you dead in the eyes. "Well, Ms. ____ you better have my money by Friday, or your pretty little ass will be on the streets begging me to come back in another way." He said as he held your waist and blew the smoke in your face.

You stiffened and held your breath. This wasn't the first time that this man had tried to make a move on you. You were getting tired of it, you wanted to leave, but this was the only place you could afford with your income. You quickly stepped to the side and raced towards the steps. "YOU CAN'T KEEP TRYING TO RUN AWAY ____. I WILL GET YOU SOON!" Mr. John yelled at you as you ran towards the bottom of the stairs, trying to get to the lobby. Out of breath as soon as you reached the entrance, Your life couldn't be any more stressful than it was, right? You came for the door walking outside into the cool fall weather, trying to get a taxi.

"TAXI!" You yelled as you held dropped your belongings on the ground and took your thumb out, hoping that at least one taxi would show up at your curb. "HEY, TAXI!" You yelled frustratedly as they drove right past you. You looked down at your watch and notice that you had thirty minutes to get to work. "Ughhh." You huffed as you picked up your belongings and started walking at a fast pace.

New York had traffic everywhere...including the sidewalks. You made your way to your secondary route, which was the train. "Excuse me." You said as you tried to make your way through the crowd. As you were walking, someone bumped into you, making everything fly out of your hands. "HEY!" You yelled at them. They just looked at you, "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, I'M WALKING HERE!" They said.

"Seriously." You mumble frustratedly as you bent down to pick up all of your paperwork. Just as you were picking up the last bit, someone bumped into you again. But not only did they bump into you, but they also spilled their coffee all over you and your paperwork. "Sorry." They mumbled but kept walking and left you there with hot sticky coffee everywhere. "No...NO!NO!NO!" You exclaimed as you picked up the papers to examine them. They were ruined, words were washed off, you could barely read them. You picked up the destroyed documents and looked at your watch once again; you still went towards the train with fifteen minutes to spare. You couldn't and hope you wouldn't be late again. You got onto the train, and it smelled, it smelled of sweat and feet. Words couldn't describe how you were feeling right now. The train ride lasted ten minutes, leaving only five minutes to spare to make it to the office. Running towards the building with your hands whole smelling like coffee, you just hoped you would make it on time.

You pushed opened the building door, and the warm air hit you. You frantically ran towards the elevator door, it opened, and you went inside and pressed number five quickly. The elevator doors dinged, indicating that you made it on your floor. You raced out of the elevator and went towards your working area. "What the hell happened to you?" Your coworker asked as you put your papers and other belongings down. You looked over at her and put on the fakest smile ever. "Life happened." You stated; your coworker rolled her eyes. "Well, sucks to be you right now because Mrs. Patterson was looking for those documents you were supposed to have on her desk ten minutes ago." She stated rudely. You let out a deep breath; you knew you were in for a ride of hell. "Where is she?" You asked. Your coworker looked at you, and just as she was about to speak incomes an angry voice.