𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #7

"You have a nice day," the customer smiled, grabbing her sons hand

"you too," I nodded politely as they walked away.

I yawned into my fist before walking around the store.

I ain't even go to sleep last night, ended up staying up all night and just coming to work early.

That shit from yesterday was still heavy on my mind, and lying to August about it made me feel worse.

He ended up calling again before he went to bed, and again I had to lie.

I know he could tell something. No matter how much I tried to hide it, shorty knew me like the back of his hand.

Honestly, I was just hoping he'd drop it, I didn't even wanna talk about that shit.

When another customer walked in I gave her time to look on her own before asking if she needed help.

"anything I can help you wit?" I questioned, not even bothering to put on a fake ass happy face, I was bout tired as shit.

"Yeah do you have these in a size 7?" She asked picking up a pair of forces.

"I think so, let me look inna back right quick." I nodded.

She smiled and blushed when I responded, I just shook my head and chuckled.

When I returned I sent her a thumbs up to signal I had it in stock before heading to the register.

I rung her up and tried my best to avoid contact. Girl was finna freeze her face up smiling at me that damn hard.

"anything else?" I questioned.

"No that's all, um, can I ask—do you have a girlfriend?" She asked.

I chuckled and shook my head, "I'm gay ma'."

Immediately her eyes went wide, "o-oh, wow, you don't look—nevermind."

" 'preciate it but gay don't got a look." I shrugged.

She apologized again awkwardly and walked away.

If I had a nickel for every single conversation that went like that, I'd be a nickel rich ass nigga.

By the time I got off work I felt like a zombie, soon as I got home I stripped and jumped my big ass inna bed.

If august was here he would've killed me for not taking a shower before I got in the bed but he wasn't, and I was tired.

Shorty was a clean freak, in every way.

When I woke up it was to the sound of my phone ringing, causing me to squint and groan.

"man who the fuck..." I sighed

"Hello." I answered dryly, not even looking to see who it was.

"damn Nigga, fuck wrong witchu." Devon asked.