𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #44

TW// This is a lot.

"Jayce oh my god!" August exclaimed when I walked backstage, running into my arms and wrapping himself around me

He was so happy right now, like it was just radiating off of him—I really didn't wanna ruin it.

"you did amazing baby," I told him sincerely, holding him tightly.

"thank you," he responded, smothering himself in my chest, "and I'm sorry if I've kinda been a bitch lately, I didn't mean to—I was just so nervous and I wanted everything to go perfectly. Thank you for being so supportive and dealing with it all." He added as he backed up to look up at me.

"nah you was right, I gotta start thinkin' more." I agreed with him as I placed a kiss on his forehead.

He smiled widely, showing nothing but pure happiness and it dawned on me once more that I was about to have to ruin that.

"shorty you let me know when you're all finished up here alright, I got something I need to talk to you about in the car." I told him, looking just bout everywhere but his eyes.

"u-uh yeah, I should be fine, I'm just gonna check with Ms.Mikaelson real quick, are you okay?" he then questioned, looking up at me in concern.

"yeah baby I'm straight." I responded, forcing a chuckle, "you get to meet Rihanna?"

"Actually yes, I still can't believe it—I almost passed out!" he exclaimed, "she called me handsome and everything, I'm about to get today's date tattooed." he joked.

I laughed lowly before speaking again, "I'm happy for you pa'."

He smiled and placed a kiss on my jawline before talking again, "okay stay right here, Ill be back." He instructed.

I nodded and watched as he disappeared into the crowd. When he was out of sight I released a breath and dropped my smile.

Things haven't been going the best for us, even though on the surface it looked like it did. All the arguments, the death, it was taking a toll on our relationship, and I know giving him the news about Denise was probably just gonna make shit even worse.

"...fuck my life." I mumbled as I ran my hands down my face.

After waiting a couple of minutes, August returned and assured me he was ready to go.

"how was it—you like it?" He questioned, referencing the entire show.

"I loved it," I told him truthfully as we made our way out the building. "You stood out—mad sexy."

"thank you." He nodded with a smile, "I meant that apology earlier—I really have been kind of a bitch lately." He spoke.

"Baby you ain't got nothin to apologize for, it's fine—trust me." I reassured him, snaking my hand around to his lower back.