𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #8

"How do I look?" I questioned, turning around

"Sexy." Denise smiled, winking dramatically causing me to laugh.

"I don't know why they want us to dress so nice for a dinner that's literally downstairs."  Denise spoke.

"I don't even know why we're having this dinner anyways, ever since big mama died the family's been divided, there's no point in trying to force anything, might as well let it be." I shrugged, grabbing my phone off my bed.

"No literally, uncle Charles made all our uncles pitch in to buy this property so we could have some 'family house', but this is the only time we've ever used it." She agreed.

Our uncle Charles was the nosiest, more narcissistic, fake religious man in the world.

He literally acted like he was better than everybody else and it was very fucking annoying.

I'd only personally introduced my boyfriend to certain members of my family, and none of my uncles made the cut.

"C'mon let's go before they start yelling our names." She laughed, grabbing my hand.

Ever since yesterday, me and Denise have been attached at the hip just like when we were kids.

All we did was joke and gossip about the rest of our family, it was great, and definitely more entertaining than pretending to like each other like the rest of our family was doing.

The moment we made it downstairs we took our seats right next to each other at the dining table and waited for our Uncle to make the announcement that we were starting.

"look, look, look" Denise whispered, nodding her head forward.

When I looked up I immediately slapped my hand over my mouth to contain the laughter.

My Uncle Charles wife, third wife to be exact—Selina, walked in looking like a fucking skittles pack.

"she looks a damn mess." I mumbled causing Denise to snort.

"girl all them colors.." she continued.

"y'all fucked up." Tyler spoke, sitting down next to Denise.

"That's y'all aunt." Derek added, taking a seat next to me.

"That ain't my aunt." Both me and Denise said at the same time causing all four of us to laugh.

"Where cousin Kenny and 'nem'?" Tyler asked, looking over at his sister.

"They was here earlier, they might still be upstairs getting ready." She responded.

"He still homophobic?" I asked, our last encounter coming to mind.

"As hell." Derek responded, "that's the only person in our family I'm aight with yo nigga fighting, that boy deserved that ass whooping."

So yeah, Tyler wasn't the only person in my family Jayceon fought, but in his defense, none of them were his fault.