𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #39

I woke up with a groan since the morning rays were blinding me, seeping through the curtains

"why didn't you close the blinds?" I questioned, expecting Jayceon to answer.

"Jayce." I repeated, rubbing my blurry eyes.

Again when I received no response I turned around, only to be met with the vacant area where his body usually was.

It was then when all of yesterdays events poured back into my head. I cringed as I thought about everything that was said and done.

I really didn't mean to call him out on being high. Truthfully it didn't use to bother me—like I said, recently it's just been different. And I know that might sound crazy since I've been avoiding him, but I've still noticed.

His eyes are lower, the bags under them are more prominent. He's still fine, that's not the problem—he's very much still attractive, it's just small things I noticed.

On top of that, he has been so careless about things, I guess besides getting me to open up, but when it comes to honoring his contract with his label, he hasn't been understanding how serious it is.

Like I said the only thing he seemed to care about was taking care of me, and since I guess I haven't been really allowing him to do that, I'm scared he probably didn't really care about anything anymore.

It wasn't hard to admit I felt bad, I know he has good intentions and he's not really asking anything too hard, just to talk to him. I'm just scared that if I finally open up about what I'm feeling, then it'll make it true.

Deep down, I really just hope this was all some bad dream, that my nephew would come running into my arms, that Denise would be calling me up to joke—this, this just hurt more than any pain I'd ever felt.

With a sigh I grabbed my phone and hoped to see either a call or text from Jayce. Unfortunately I hadn't, he hadn't even posted anything on social media.

I decided to swallow my pride and send him a text since I didn't expect him to answer my calls like he hadn't last night.