𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #53

One Month Later

"Everybody please welcome to the stage, Raps newest superstar, HF

"Everybody please welcome to the stage, Raps newest superstar, HF. Jayce!"

After the introduction, I made my way onto the stage set and took a seat in the chair as the crowd clapped and cheered.

To say I was nervous was an understatement—my nigga I had bubble guts like a bitch.

My first public appearance since being discharged from rehab yesterday—straight back into the spotlight. Not only was it an appearance—man I was on a late night talk show, I had to be on my best behavior in front of all these damn white people.

"it's been a while since anyone has seen you, I'm so happy we finally got to sit down and get you on the show." The host spoke, "been busy?"

"First I wanna say thank y'all for havin me, but yeah I've been mad busy. The entirety of the last month I've been working mad hard on my music—preparing my debut album, just workin' on stuff that I want to be perfect." I half lied.

There wasn't much for me to do in that damn rehab facility but go to therapy or write some new raps. So I actually had been working on my new album and it wasn't even on purpose. Funny enough my ass actually started working out to keep busy too, I'm barely still a skinny nigga...

"can we expected any new music from you soon?" The host spoke in anticipation.

"—I'm actually glad ju' asked that bro cause I got a song dropping tonight." I announced with a smile.

Everyone wore the same surprised face momentarily before clapping, plastering a smile on my face.

"Talk about dropping a bomb— and here we are to discuss the success of your other projects, does this new song dropping tonight have a name?" He then questioned.

"misunderstood." I nodded.

"misunderstood," he nodded, "I can't wait to hear it—tell me, what has your reaction been to the success of your song with Nyjel Laurant, were you expecting it to blow up like it did?"

"Nah absolutely not—we knew it was good, but to think I'd have a song hit top 5 on billboard barely two months into my career is crazy—I'm thankful." I told him, "Nyjel already had a lot of success before I blew up so I really gotta give mad credit to him, shout out to the French boy." I added

"It hit top 5 on billboard and has remained in the top 10 ever since, a beautiful achievement for both of you young men. It marks his 3rd top ten hit—and your first, not to mention the success of your debut track hood favorite, which is still in the top 25." He spoke.

"Thankful," I repeated, "both those songs mean a lot to me."

I wasn't really good when it came to these interviews but I tried to work on it before I got out of rehab knowing I'd of course have to do them.