𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #55 (𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏)

"How are the two of you feeling today?"  Our therapist asked, looking between us with an optimistic, caring expression

"great." I responded honestly.

"chillin'." Jayceon replied at the same time.

"good, I'm so glad to hear that," Joshua spoke, smiling.

"First, I say we start off simple—how has it been between the two of you after not being together for a month?" He asked, "was it hard to get back into things?" He then asked.

"—I want to hear from you both, August, you go first." Our therapist then instructed.

"Okay," I nodded, "well It's been really good so far honestly. Granted, it's only been two days—but the dynamic already feels different."

"—I don't feel as nervous about his whereabouts, or his actions anymore. I just trust that he'll make the best decisions. That's kinda what I have to do in order to take care of myself." I finished.

Joshua, my therapist, nodded and began to write down on his notepad.

"Jayceon, what about you, how would you say it's been so far?" He then asked my boyfriend.

He sighed to himself, then responded, "same thing, it's been good—haven't really stressed about whether I'm good enough or not, or whether or not he loves me. I guess it just comes down to trust for me too."

"—but like he said, it's only been two days." He added.

"Well it's still good that you both are going strong, a lot can happen in two days." Our therapist stated foremost.

"What I do want to focus on today, is patterns." He added.

"—after sessions with the both of you separately, a very common thing I see is the desire to no longer fall back into old patterns." He continued.

Both Jayce and I agreed with a nod, so Joshua spoke up again.

"Really the best way to do that is to address what the patterns were, why you didn't like them, and how the two of you can stop them." He then spoke.

"—so I guess we'll just jump right into it with you August, what are some patterns that you would no longer like to continue when it comes to you and Jayceons relationship?" He asked.

At first I was taken back, but after a deep breath I spoke, "uh, I guess just the petty arguments," I stated.

"Like a lot of our arguments happened because I was just repeating myself, and asking Jayce not to do certain things that I had already asked him not to do numerous times before." I shrugged.

Our therapist nodded then spoke, "also I want to add, please don't take offense to anything that eachother says here today. Honesty is the best policy, you'll both have to listen with open minds, and hearts." He said foremost, "—but August could you give us some examples of things you had to repeat?"