𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #29

"yo Jay where you want this box?" Quan asked, holding up yet another moving box

I turned around and looked over at him, "that's just old shit, you can put it anywhere." I told him.

He nodded and walked out the front door.

After yesterday, Aug and I began looking for places to stay back home in New York.

I mean since money was coming in, and the big advance payment I had gotten was enough to cover what we wanted—really the only thing was finding what we liked.

I let August pick, he had a better eye for it and to be honest I didn't care where we ended up, anything was better than where we were.

Aug and I had even convinced Ty'Quan to come with us. It was a lot for him, all he's known his entire life was south side Chicago, up and moving was definitely some big shit.

Despite that I felt like it was better for him too, all he did around here was get hurt by the people he loved, and that shit was taking a tole on him.

In New York, he gets a new start, and I know Aug had just got him that job at the corner store, but I agreed to add him to my security team to make up for it, that way he ain't even gotta look for a job, and he'd be with me the whole time.

Quan was like my little brother, and since I was the youngest of my real siblings I ain't have a blood one.

I was gonna look out for him as much as I could.

So now we were moving out of this run down ass apartment. The furniture and shit we was leaving, but everything else we planned on taking with us.

Aug had called his friends to help, I on the other hand didn't.

Devon been giving me weird fuckin' energy lately, and Kyrique was always so far up his ass I ain't wanna be around him either.

That's another reason I wanted Quan to come with us. He was mixed up with Dev' and that drug shit—he was gonna end up dead or in jail, and I won't going for that.

I know up and leaving wasn't something you could just do when it came to that lifestyle, but Quan was gonna be well protected, he was coming with me.

"Baby, imma get this last box, all that's left is yo camera equipment." I said broadly, speaking to August who was packing up the last of the stuff in our bedroom.

"Aight, I'm almost done, I'll get it." He responded.

"just gimme watchu got in 'nere and come get the camera shit." I told him.

He was real picky with people touching his equipment, even I couldn't do it.

"Ok." He agreed, soon after exiting the bedroom with another box.

"stack it onnis' one." I told him

Again he obliged, prompting me to begin walking out of the apartment and to the moving truck.