𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #19

"your totals gonna be five dollars and eight cents

"your totals gonna be five dollars and eight cents." I spoke, looking across at the young lady.

She handed me the money and I quickly placed it in the register after counting, handing her the snacks she'd brought.

"thank you." She muttered politely.

"have a nice day." I nodded.

"How's it goin' today?" I questioned the next person in line, like I did every customer.

I didn't even bother looking up I was too focused on looking at the register to set it up for the next transaction.

"damn I don't even get a smile?" I heard from a familiar voice.

I looked up to see the same man from the other day, with the perfect teeth, and the beautiful ass smile.

"my bad, my application didn't say I had to smile at every customer." I responded, still smiling despite what I was saying.

"Oh it's like that?" He questioned, licking his lips.

I simply shrugged and grabbed the items he'd placed on the counter.

"What do I gotta do to get you to stop treating me like 'every customer'?" He questioned, watching me intently.

"There's nothin you can do—I don't even know your name." I chuckled.

"It's pharaoh." He responded flashing another charismatic smile.

"Well, pharaoh, you're holding up my line— your total is 10 dollars and 6 cents." I told him.

He chuckled to himself and mumbled something about an attitude under his breath before placing a twenty on the counter.

I grabbed it and prepared to give him his change before he spoke up, "keep the change, just lemme know what time your lunch break is." He spoke.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "thank you for the change, but— I'm not really looking for anybody like that." I told him.

"you not looking for a friend?" He questioned.

I squinted my eyes at him and thought for a second.

"It's in about ten minutes."

"Cool, I'll be outside—you'll know my car." He nodded.

With that he grabbed his items and left the store.

I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding as I worked with the next customer.

There really wasn't a reason to feel guilty, I wasn't doing anything bad— I let him know I wasn't interested and he assured me it was just on some friendly stuff.

As the time passed and my break arrived, I did what I usually did to prepare for it—and exited the store.

Like he said he'd be, Pharoah was outside, leaning against his car.