𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #32

Tired wasn't even the word, I'd been up damn near all night placing some finishing touches on the loft before our furniture arrived this morning

Course, Jayceon and Quan helped for about a good hour before they both fell asleep, so basically I did it all and they were good for nothing.

That's fine, because now that the furniture came, I wasn't lifting a finger, out of sight and out of mind.

"you really not gon' help?" Quan questioned, groaning as he and Jayce placed the couch down.

"just leave it alone gang." Jayceon warned him, to which the shorter of the two sighed, but ultimately followed his advice

It took them around an hour and half to finish everything, It probably would've taken longer had Jayce not given up and hired people to finish the rest around half way through, but I didn't care, as long as it got done.

Not too much longer after that, I told Denise she could bring Oryon over, to which she replied eagerly, and arrived not even 15 minutes later.

Honestly watching him wasn't that hard, I mean right now he was glued to the tv screen watching paw patrol, along with that I gave him a juice box and a snack—stink was just chilling honestly.

Maybe I'm just too good at this parenting shit, it seems much more manageable than Denise was making seem.

"baby the ride gon' be here in 'bout 30 to take us to my moms' crib." Jayce announced as he walked into the living room, Today we'd go see his family, and similarly to what I'm sure he did before he saw mine, I'd prepare myself for that.

My mom was already a lot, we all knew that, the lady was messy and that's just something I learned to deal with.

Now Jayceons mom was something else, she was foreign, so I think the culture clash between us was the biggest difference maker. She was bold as shit, and had no problem saying exactly what she thought about you, to your face, and expected you to just sit there.

I'll be honest, there's has been plenty of times I had to bite my tongue and refrain myself from cussing her out just out of respect. Course Jayce spoke up for me every time, but that ain't stop her, again, she was stubborn.

Think I'm exaggerating, the first thing she said when Jayceon introduced me to her was "why is he so dark"....in English....to my face.

I was obviously very shocked about that, but Jayce explained that colorism was just as bad for Caribbean cultures as it was for the black community here in the states.

Since then, every time I'd seen her she'd given me a forced hello and barely looked at me, and of course mumbling under her breath occasionally, but I always did my best to ignore it. I really, really, tried to remain respectful, at the end of the day that was his mom, and I know he'd never disrespect mine, but damn that old lady would test me.