8.The Birthday ( Part 1 )

Harley's POV

As I got to the party I was quite nervous as I didn't know what was going to happen , who I was going to meet or if drunk Harley would go crazy once again.

I promised myself to just be myself and not lose control of my body and if things got weird or heated to leave the place at once.

I arrived at the apartment complex at 7 PM exactly at the time of the party.
I took the elevator up to the 5th floor where they apparently lived according to Talia.
I got to door 103 and knocked on the door.

The door slowly opened to reveal JJ , who looked good to be fair , he had an orange bandana , an orange hoodie and he wore some jeans.

"Talia , someone is here to see you." He yelled holding the door open to let me come in.
I walked in to be greeted by Talia with a big hug. She sure does like hugging.

"Okay guys now that everyone is here , I'll go get Simon from the shops. I'll message you Talia when we reach downstairs so that you lot have time to hide. " JJ spoke from near the door.

"Will do." Talia nodded before JJ left.

Talia then pulled me towards a group of girls on the sofa who let out a squeal of excitement when they saw us and all I could do was awkwardly smile.
She introduced them as Freya , Gee , Ellie , Sasha. All of them were either streamers or had their own jobs but they were also the partners of the Sidemen .
We got to talking and the conversation was normal and I felt comfortable which is a big deal considering my awkward social anxiety.

As we were talking I saw 5 boys bring in the cake and set it on the table .
They also bought the alcohol and other stuff for the party.

"Come on lets meet the Sidemen" Talia got up giggling and took me to meet the Group.
Ethan and the guy with the greying beard were the only ones I recognised.
Talia introduced them one by one.
Vik , Tobi , Harry , Josh the beard guy and then Ethan.
We stood talking for a while before the boys went to talk with their girlfriends and Talia went to check all the final decorations and the cake .
This left me with Ethan.

"I never thought I would see you here , Harley" Ethan told me as he handed me a glass of water.
" Well turns out my nephew is a big fan of you lot , so I came here for him and also to make some new friends hopefully."
Ethan smiled and then we started talking about everything from my music to his YouTube , the Sidemen channel , how they make a video as a group every week.

"Must be very tiring right , to make videos every day." I asked him as we sat on the couch , now empty.
" Yeah but it is all we do so it is a job and we enjoy it so it's not much of a fuss." He replied with a smile.

" Well Harley how come JJ and Simon never talked about or to you considering you were so close."
He asked.

"We just grew apart after I moved schools." I told him not wanting to throw JJ in front of the bus as Ethan was his best mate.

I checked my watch to see it was almost half past 8 , which means I had been talking to Ethan for almost an hour.
Ethan was like that one friend you could talk to for hours without getting bored.
Me , Simon and JJ were like that in school and as much as I denied it , I miss those days.

I was bought out of my thoughts by Talia telling everyone to hide and lowering the lights.
Ethan than dragged me behind the sofa to hide and we intently watched the door to see when it opens.

JJ's POV

I felt bad for making Simon go to the shops for getting stuff for a Sidemen Sunday but we had to get the lazy prick out of the house.

"You're a dickhead you know." He told as we reached the aprtment complex.
"I just wanted to have a relaxing birthday with my girlfriend and my best mates but you made me go on a 2 hour wild goose chase to get these stuff."
"Stop complaining you are too old to have birthday parties , so u might atleast do some work." I told him as we approached the door.

I took my keys out to open the door hoping everyone was ready.
As I opened the door and we entered the apartment , Simon switched on the lights and then everyone jumped out and yelled suprise.

"What the fuck!" Simon exclaimed as Talia brought him the cake.
I took the bags from his hands and placed it to a side.

We then made him cut the cake as he repeatedly thanked me and Talia for his party.

Time skip to after the cake cutting.

Harley's POV

I approached Simon with the gift I had bought him.
It was a Bracelet , a similar one to which we bought at the Watford Fair one day after school.
This one was solid silver with his initials on it. I hoped he remembers it and likes it.

"Hey Minter!" I giggled as I approached him and Talia.

"Happy Birthday from an old friend." I told him as I gave him his gift.

" Thank you Johnson!" He told as he gave me a hug.

As you can see we called each other by our last names a lot in school and guess the habit stuck.

His eyes widened as he took out the Bracelet.
"Thanks Harley , I love it." He exclaimed as he put it on.

" Glad you liked it."

"But you won't believe what else I got." He told me as he showed me the chain he was wearing.
It was the charms necklace , the three of us had at school from the same Fair.
Now obviously it was platted in gold and had a diamond charm on it and looked very expensive.

"No way it looks beautiful . " I said with a big smile.
"Jj bought it for me based on the charms we used to wear at school. You remember the ones we bought at the Fair."

I just nodded as my smile fell as I realised that JJ and I had almost the same idea for the gift.

"You know the both of you are still similar in so many ways even today just like school." Simon laughed as he walked away with Talia after giving me another hug.

Yeah guess me and JJ are similar after all I thought to myself before going to get some drinks.

A/N

Hey guys so this is the first chapter on the Birthday.
The next part has a lot of drama , I mean a lot.
Also in my story Tobi dates Gee( just for the sake of the story) and JJ and Ethan are single.
Lmk of any mistakes.
Thanks for 300 reads.

Love - Harley ❣️