79. The Wedding.

Harley's POV

It was finally here, what was set to be the best day of my life.

I was set to marry my soulmate in approximately two hours but instead of getting ready I was sat in my room feeling the emotions completely opposite to the one's I should be feeling.

Everything was going well until all the girls cleared out the room to allow me to get dressed, but my mind decided that it was time to play this dirty game.

The entire morning I was cheerful and overjoyed that I was getting to marry my soulmate. My JJ.
Then out of nowhere the feeling of anxiety and sadness washed over me leaving me seated in my chair, too scared to move.

I was anxious because of various things, like so many things could actually go wrong today.

I might trip over my dress, or someone might interrupt the wedding, the band could play the wrong song, I could forget my vows or most importantly JJ might decide he is not ready to get married.

All this thoughts running through my head burdened me but my heart was heavy with memories of another person I really missed.

"Hey girl, why aren't you dressed yet." Talia asked standing near the door. She was already dressed and ready in her Maid of Honor's dress.

"I miss my dad. I wish he was here." I said putting my head in my hands, trying my best not to let the tears fall.

"Hey..hey, you shouldn't be sad on your wedding day, it's the best day of your life." Talia said as she gave me a comforting hug.

"I just wish he could see me get married you know. He always told me of how he would walk me down the aisle and he's not even here now." I said hanging on to Talia for comfort.

"Shhhh....I know he's up in heaven and looking down at you today. He is so proud of you, all of us are. He would want you to be strong today. Just remember he loves you." She said consoling me.

I just nodded against her neck as she rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Come on , now get dressed the love of your life is waiting for you at the altar." She said lifting me up to make me stand.

"Hey everything will be alright right?" I asked her knowing very well she has no idea if anything would go wrong but I needed reassurance and she could give that to me.

"I'm sure everything will be perfect sweetheart, now come on." She said taking me to my dress that was laid out for me.

"You sound like such a Mom." I said making us both laugh.

"That's because I am a Mom, now come on get ready." She said giving me another hug before walking out to allow me to get dressed.

I closed my eyes for a second composing myself. I could picture JJ stood at the end of the aisle at the altar waiting for me to join him. I couldn't wait to finally be his wife...

JJ's POV

I was stood at the window overlooking the exit from the church. My mind completely filled with thoughts of self doubt and anxious nerves.

"Hey big man, it's almost time." Simon said as he placed a hand over my shoulder.

I just sighed walking back into my dressing area. I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my coat. It fit perfectly and I hoped everything today would be as perfect as the fit of my suit but my mind decided to play it's little tricks.

I was nervous, perhaps more nervous than I have ever been in my life. I was sure I wanted to do this but somewhere in my heart was still a piece of me that thought Harley could do so much better than me.