After death there's rebirth

How could one of the happiest days of my life also be the saddest? Grandpa Michael took his last breath at my gender reveal, it's been a month now. His body was laid to rest a week later, the entire family has not been the same since. We knew he was sick but thought he was getting better, he came to L.A for me! I cried, soaking the pillow.

I've lost count of how many times I've cried, London is so worried that he scheduled a doctor's appointment for us. He's afraid the baby will be stressed out, I'm afraid the baby will be stressed out too. I'm trying to be happy but it never lasts for long, as soon as I close my eyes I'm taken back to the gender reveal when I last got a hug, I last felt his love. My grandfather passed away in my home for the love of God, I was traumatized. He would always call me and I never got the feeling he would die anytime soon, I silently cried.

London was in the bathroom and when he came and saw me laying on the tear-filled pillow he held me in his arms. "C'mon now baby, you have to be strong, he would want you to be. Think about the good memories you have with him and cherish them" he comforts me.

Ashley wasn't doing well either, she's been trying to put on a strong face around me but I could tell she's not doing ok. The entire family has shaken up especially Grandma Peggy, She's staying with aunt Jenni for a little while.

My doctor in L. A was really kind and understanding. She did an ultrasound to ensure the baby was doing ok and gave me words of comfort. The baby was fine and London was relieved, we left and got food before driving to a park for a picnic. He wanted to get me out of the house and it was working, especially because it was Spanish food that we picked up.

Two months later

The baby was due in five days and though I told London he could go to work and I would call if anything changes, he decided to be home with me was what was best and he kept eyeing me instead of working from home like he was supposed to be doing. The man was batshit crazy and I was not having it so I called Ashley to come over with the twins. They got so big and even more adorable, we played with them until they were ready to take a midday nap, and then Ashley and I went to the pool to chat.

Ashely let me in on her and Jared, apparently, he was ready to have more babies but Ashely definitely wasn't ready, the babies were very active and Jared only dealt with them after work when they were already tired and only on the weekends did he ...

Ashely let me in on her and Jared, apparently, he was ready to have more babies but Ashely definitely wasn't ready, the babies were very active and Jared only dealt with them after work when they were already tired and only on the weekends did he really saw how energetic both babies were.

Not to mention Ash was scared she would have another twin, which made me giggle because that would be quite a task on her hand and I couldn't even imagine it. I was happy, I found back my happiness despite the great loss the family suffered I found happiness in how lucky I was. I live a few minutes away from my best friend with the love of my life. Our children will get to grow together regardless of their age which isn't that far apart, it's just Ash and I wanted them to have what we had and that's being in the same year group and doing things together as we did.