Unexpected

I'll have to steer the conversation in a way to get the information from him without letting him know I didn't read his case. How could I have been so unprofessional, this has never happened before and I chose today of all days to get thrown off this bad.

"When I sent my case to Wilson's Law Firm, I had no idea it would've fell into your hands Brielle, I didn't know you were in New York or even planned on being here until I saw your name in the papers last week. Last I saw you, you were in Atlanta." He says.

"I've only been here a few months" I informed him. "Maybe I should tell my boss to give this case to someone else since I've known you for so long," I say.

"But do you know me Brielle ?, you've seen me around for a few years but we can count the times we've ever exchanged words" I couldn't disagree with him, he was right.

Maybe I was just looking away out because of how he made my entire body hot and it was cold in this room.

"I take it you've read my case," he says

God, please give me strength, I started to pray in my head, I didn't even open it properly. Otherwise, I would've known what to expect. Then again looking at the man in front of me there is absolutely no way I would've known to expect him.

If I thought he was fine in the diner or over Christmas break seven years ago. Then clearly he is beyond fine now. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a white shirt underneath that was not fully buttoned he had on a gold watch with black straps and black shoes that looked like they were shined to perfection.

His dark brown eyes were so captivating I couldn't bear to look in them, his full lips made my mouth water, and the color of his skin, chocolate, made me hungry. I was hot and gasping for air.

I was being so unprofessional, this has never happened to me before and I was now embarrassed

I was being so unprofessional, this has never happened to me before and I was now embarrassed. I got a grip and decided to apologize and go with the truth, after all, I stand on integrity. Mr. King would be so disappointed.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Bascoe, I have not read your case if you'd still like to work with me. I'm more than happy to reschedule and start over."

"Brielle, it's London for you. I'd be insulted if you said you read it because the shock on your face when you walked through the door was evident you didn't know it was me. I was wondering if you forgot the name so easily" he smiled.

He smiled and I had to suppress a moan.

"To be honest, I knew your name was Bascoe but I had no idea it would be you and I didn't get a chance to read your file, I've never been this unprofessional before, I am so sorry" I pleaded.

"No need, I believe you. You can't make good reads in the paper being unprofessional now, can you?" He asked

"Well, I guess so" I replied with a smile.

"Have you had lunch?" he asks

"No I haven't" I responded

"Let's have lunch and talk about this yeah?"

"Sure" I agreed.

He got the door and motioned for me to walk out, he guided me with his hand on my back and I felt dizzy. Everything about this man was making me weak, please God help me, I silently prayed.

There was a black SUV waiting for him at the front and he guided me in. Less than ten minutes later the driver stopped and opened the door for us. London held my hands as I got out of the vehicle, I was a mess. "Thank you," I told the driver before we made our way into the fancy restaurant before me.

As soon as we walked into the restaurant we were shown to a table for two and a waiter placed two menus at our table, seconds later our glasses were being filled with water. Either he's a usual here or they know who his. Maybe he takes ladies here a lot for lunch I pout slightly but caught myself in time.

"So what brought you to New York," he asked while I scanned the menu.

"I've always known I'd be in New York, that's what I was working towards all those years in high school and university," I told him.

What I wanted to say is I've always dreamt of running my law firm in New York but that's not something I want my bosses to hear, they will think I've only been using them to get where I want to go. This is sort of true but I do work hard, I'm using them to make my name.

" I see, I must say I was surprised when I read that article about you recently and I wondered why you never called me and why you never replied to any of my text messages, what did I do wrong or is it that you just never liked me?"He asked.

I was about to answer him when a waiter walked up to take our orders.

"Ladies first," London says.

"I'll have the grilled New York Strip Steak with mash potatoes please" I gave the waiter my order

"I'll have fish and chips with a bottle of your best wine," he tells the waiter and he was off.

"Now back to you Ms. Saunders," he addresses me by my surname, and even that sounded sexy coming from that mouth.

"Let me first say I have not received any missed calls are messages from you my number is still the same. I've tried to call you a few times after Christmas and your phone only rang twice, I also texted you but never got a reply." He looked puzzled.

I took out my phone and dialed the number I still had saved for him as proof it only rang once and he was shocked. So I was blocked from that number I say.

"I never blocked you, only one person knew my phone code at that time but she wouldn't have any reason to block you, and once again for today, things started clicking again. Anna-Reese blocked me from London's phone.