College

Graduation and prom were unforgettable, mom and aunty Jenni was so proud of us that they cried. Ash and I got accepted into Yaleton University, which is two hours away from our home town.

We're working at aunty Jenni's diner until it's time to go off to University, we always work here during the summer. The door chimes signaling that someone walked in, it's that handsome guy from high school.

London Bascoe, he always summoned attention but is so shy. He walks up to the counter "Hi Brielle, you look awesome today" he sounds like he rehearsed that but I smiled and said, "thank you".

"What can I get you?" I asked.

"I'll take a golf burger with wedges and a coke please" he replies with a small smile.

He paid for his food and took a seat. I gave Ash his order to give the chef and stared at him a little longer. He was wearing a black tee-shirt, some dark jeans pants and black sneakers, guess he loves black then. I think I love black too because chocolate never looked better, his dark brown eyes are so captivating and his full lips look like they'd fit perfectly on mine.

Another chime from the diner door being opened caused me to pull my eyes away from him but not before I noticed he was checking me out too.

"London!" I see Anna-Reese running over to him. " You didn't tell me you were coming here" she pouts.

I wonder if they're together, I wasn't able to hear their conversation anymore so I went back to minding my own business.

Anna walks up to the register and orders a chicken salad and water. She looks at me with disgust present on her face so I used this opportunity to ask her what's her problem.

"Do you have a problem with me?" I blurt.

"Why are you speaking to me, did you get my order?" She snorts.

"Yes and your food is coming right up, why are you always looking at me like you hate me? I don't recall ever bothering you before" I said to her.

"That's because I don't like you, so don't speak to me if you don't have to" with that she walks off.

That was crazy but if she doesn't like me that's on her, I'm sure I've done nothing to her.

"What was that about?" Ash walks up beside me.

"She just doesn't like me," I say

"Fuck her" Ash hisses

~

Just like that summer was over, Ash and I are on our two hours journey after my mom and aunty Jenni cried again. I'm so grateful to be going to university with my best friend. I have another three years of law school after my four-year bachelor's program. by then Ash will be finish and out in the world making her mark.

Jared got into a school some states away but they plan to make the relationship work and I hope it does work for them, I didn't care to find out where Neko will be going.

After two food and restroom stops we're parked at Yaleton University. Our parents came here with us two weeks ago for orientation week and brought most of our things as well as fixed our dorm room to our likings, we've got to love our mothers.

We have matching bed linens gray and peach, our decor is gray with white walls. They're two desks and chairs for our working area and a gray ottoman in the corner below Ash's bed. We also have a small fridge and a microwave, not to mention the two pillowcases of snacks that I'm sure will last for three months that they sent us with today. The fridge is stocked with bottled waters and juices.  "We're blessed" I sighed happily.

"Bri, I miss Jared already," Ash says while she lays on her bed staring at the ceiling

"Bri, I miss Jared already," Ash says while she lays on her bed staring at the ceiling. "I'm happy I'm here with you but I wish he was too."

"I understand but think of it this way, the years will go by fast, you'll go visit, he'll come to visit and before you know it you're moving in together and having plenty of babies with your nasty selves " I laugh.

It worked because she laughs too and agrees with me.

We leave the room to socialize in our new environment, though it's not that new because we attended orientation week.

I bumped into someone in less than three minutes of walking.

"Ahh sorry," we say at the same time, I looked up into the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen.

"Hi, I'm Nazair, and you?"

"I'm Brielle and this is Ashley" I replied.

"Pleasure to meet you ladies, especially you Brielle" it's the British accent for me, my name has never sounded so sexy before.

I stood there awkwardly staring at Nazair. "Well, I guess she'll be bumping into you more often then" my no filter best friend just had to open her big mouth.

It did the trick, I was out of that awkward daze. "It was nice meeting you Nazair, sorry if I hurt you," I said. There's no way I hurt this hunk of a man though, I just know he has a six-pack under that grey tee shirt. He lives in a gym, so help me God, if university guys look like this, how do I not get distracted.

"There's a party at my frat house, you ladies are invited, it's 456 W, 22nd Street. Party starts at 10 pm sharp, I look forward to seeing you ladies."

"We'll be there" Ash blurts a little too eagerly.

"Great, see ya then" he walked away.

"You're a mess," I say to Ash

"What?"

"We just got here nut head" I sighed

"Bri it's college! We gotta have the full experience and a very hot guy just flirted with you and invited you to his frat house! Loosen up, Virgin Mary. She laughs.

"I'm not a virgin," I said

"I'd say you are sweetie," she jeered