It didn't work

Four week later

I had promised London to visit his club tonight and take along a friend. The only friend I had in New York was Khole, she was my roommate in law school. I could've called Naya and invited her but based on his reaction to her and I having sexual encounters in the past. I figured it wouldn't be the best idea.

Would he have a problem with me and her meeting up for our lunch which was already planned? He is over-protective and a bit on the jealous side if you ask me. He started our relationship without my consent and hasn't left my side since, I'm not complaining though.

I am going to be late for my doctor's appointment if this traffic doesn't start moving.  I was only three minutes late, the nurse checked my blood pressure, height, and weight. I definitely gained a few pounds, all that hotel food I ate in L. A is now showing up.

Doctor Reynolds was ready for me, the nurse informed me.

"How are you doing today Ms. Saunders?" Doctor Reynolds asked when I entered his office and took a seat.

I told him I was doing good and got straight to it. "I want to get started on a contraceptive method, which would you suggest?" I asked him.

"Well it depends on you, what do you want? Do you want to have children in the near or far future? Are you good at taking pills? It all depends on you" he stated

"I want to start having children in another two years or so and no I'm very bad at taking pills," I told him

He listed the different types of contraceptive methods and I settled on the intrauterine contraceptive device called a coil. He would take it out when I'm ready to start a family.

I was asked to undress and get into the very tin examination cloth dress so that he could do a medical, I was also asked to pass urine. He asked me a few questions including when was the first day of my last period, which was eight weeks ago after checking it, now I felt foolish.

I was suppose to come see my doctor when I got back to New York but it kept being put off because of work and London taking up most of my time after work.

After the medical and questioning was done I got dressed and sat in his office waiting. "Ms. Saunders, sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to, but rest assured that beautiful things come out of them at the end" what was he talking about?

"Based on the date of your last period, I would say you're about two weeks pregnant. We got a positive pregnancy test from your urine sample" I stared at him blankly.

What!? What did he just say, I'm trying to speak but my words are failing me. I sat there for about an hour or maybe it was a minute but it sure felt like an hour. " What did you just say?" I asked the doctor.

"You are two weeks pregnant" he confirmed

"That couldn't be correct, I took a plan B like a few weeks ago, there is no way I'm pregnant, he has been pulling out". I just want the earth to open up and swallow me at this point.

"What happened when you took the pill?" Doctor Reynolds asked.

I told him how I took the pill on the third day in the night and that I had gone to lay down then a few minutes later I didn't feel so great and vomited.

"Once you vomit within less than two hours of taking a plan B, it won't work. You would've had to retake another" I'm trying to hold my tears so the doctor won't see how silly I am.

"I have prescribed some prenatal for you and  would like to set a date for your first ultrasound." I left the doctor's office after agreeing on a date four weeks from now.

I wasn't ready, what will London think? How do I even tell him this? I palmed my face in my car before reaching for my phone to check my period calendar. It shows that London and I had sex on my fertile days and then based on what the doctor said the pill didn't even work.

The one time I'm having the best sex of my life, I get knocked up! How fun! I need my best friend but she just had babies a few weeks ago, I can't burden her with my troubles. Then again I can't keep this from her because I wouldn't hear the end of it, so I dialed her.

"Bri," she whispered

"Why are we whispering" I whispered, already I was feeling better.

"Well I just put Leanna down and she's a trouble maker. She likes to cry and wake Ashton up so I'm extra careful with her" I have tears running down my face and tiny sobs escaping.

"Oh my God, what's wrong," Ash asked.

"I'm so sorry, it's just so beautiful you're a mom and they're so adorable" I sniffed.

"Brielle?" She said

"I'm sitting in my car outside of the doctor's office, he said I'm two weeks pregnant" I let the tears take over.

"Whaaaaaaaattt? If I'd known that God would answer my prayer so fast I would've asked him for more" she joked.

"Ashley would you take me seriously please" I wiped at my fallen tears.

"Okay, you're right. It's a bit of a rush and I know you want to start your firm but you still can, the baby won't stop you and Bri you're not short on cash so stop with the excuses and embrace this new chapter. Oh and have lots of sex with Mr. Macho man" I sighed after she was done.

I had to end the call with Ash because a client was calling. Yes it's Saturday but I put my clients first, I usually have a lot of time on my hands on the weekends so it didn't bother me.

Khole, was looking her beautiful self as usual, she had on a beige ruched strapless body-con dress. It suited her caramel skin and she paired it with heels the same color as her dress.

"Khole, you look fabulous," I told her "and you look even better" she returned. I chose a v-cut black spaghetti strap dress with a slit at the side and a low cut at the back, I paired it with red heels and a small red strap bag to match. My hair was let down in waves and I wore a little makeup with red lips.

London sent his driver for me because he had a late meeting so khole and I got to the club before him. I asked the bartender for cranberry juice in a wine glass, I wasn't ready to tell anyone what was going on with me.

Ten minutes later I saw London walking towards us with a male and Anna-bitch, I really don't like that girl. Why does she get to accompany him to the club while I wait for him.