Progress

After we were decent again London tapped on the shield which caused the driver to let it down, I kept my gaze down out of embarrassment. I hope he didn't hear me but I'm almost certain he did.

I didn't hear what he said to the driver because I was too ashamed to listen but when the shield went back up I released my breath.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"I'm embarrassed," I looked up at him and he was smirking.

"It's not funny London,"

"He'll be fine don't worry about it."

We stopped to get food which was very much appreciated then headed to my apartment, I just wanted to take a warm shower and get comfy in my pj's

We usually talk over food, bad manners yes, but it was our thing.

"Don, did you see the C-News?" I decided to start once I was four spoons into my Spanish food.

"Yeah, Tyrese sent it to me, luckily all the important people in our lives already knew you were pregnant.

I just had some good release and I'm eating good food, so I took a deep breath and continued. 

" Who do you think could've done this?" I'm trying my hardest to not get mad at him.

"I don't know baby, we told a few persons. It could be anyone,"

"Are you serious Don? You're going to sit here and act like you don't have a clue as to who would go to the New York Times with that kind of information?"

"Baby, it could be anybody,"

"But it's not just anybody!!!! It's her, it's Anna-Reese!"

"Babe, Anna-Reese was at the party all night and she slept over my apartment in the guest bedroom because she was drunk, I don't see how she could've done it since she didn't wake up until after the news"

I let go of the anger I was trying to hold down to get through this conversation but I'm over it.

"You're pissing me off with your naive and gullible behavior and you know what I expected better!" with that said I walked to my bedroom and locked the door behind me, I don't want him near me right now.

My phone started ringing but it was out where he was and I was in no mood to see him so I didn't bother to move.

"Ash is on the phone," he told me while knocking on the door.

I didn't respond and he walked away, he was still on my phone because I could hear him talking to Ashley but I wasn't hearing what he was saying.

I woke up to pee, my bedside clock indicated it was 2:30 am, what surprised me was London arms wrapped around me. He must have used the key, he was smart enough to do that but not smart enough to know that his friend was trying to sabotage his relationship.

I took his hands off me and went to the bathroom. When I walked into the bedroom he was sitting up in the bed.

"Baby I'm so sorry I haven't paid enough attention to this situation with you and Anna. I thought I knew her well enough to know what to expect from her. After speaking with Ashley, I went through your phone, I'm sorry I did that but Ashley said I should."

"I saw messages from me that I didn't send and also calls to you that I never made. Anna did have my phone, because hers died while she was speaking to her boss outside about something of importance she said, she borrowed it to return her boss call outside."

"I also checked my phone and saw that those were deleted from mine. I went to my iCloud and did a full restore which brought up the messages and a recorded call to her boss. She told her boss that tonight was a success and tomorrow's article will be one big juicy one."

"I was trying to think if she's doing it for money, but the last time I checked she was in no need for money so I went with what Ashley said, she's jealous of you and has had a crush on me, she also told me about what happened in high school,"

"Baby I'm so sorry for hurting you, for disregarding your feelings and it won't ever happen again. I hope you'll forgive me, " he held his arms out and I walked into them. I'm a little hurt that he didn't listen to me and it took Ashley to talk some sense into him but I'm grateful that he's using the brain that God gave him.

"It took you long enough and I'm disappointed but I accept your apology," I told him while he kissed my forehead.

We talked about how he'll be dealing with the situation onwards and he decided to confront her in my presence to give her a chance to come clean and apologize.

He also said he has accepted that their relationship might never be the same after the confrontation but it's necessary because he won't allow anything or anyone to come between us.

I'm not asking him to choose between us but I can't continue to be around someone who is trying to hurt me, who doesn't like me, and who wants what's mine.

"I don't know what to expect at work later and I don't have a good feeling about it, because I know my bosses are all about the firm's name and reputation, " I sighed.

" You don't have to work baby, I'll take care of you, "

" I want to work London, " I swear if that little witch causes me to lose my job she will not like me for the rest of her life.

"I want you to understand that you don't have to, I can provide for you and the baby easily and I don't want you to stress yourself because that means you'd also be stressing our baby ok?" he held my chin and looked in my eyes.

"I want you to understand that I can take care of us too and I want to take care of us, I need my independence and it has nothing to do with you, it's me," I could see he wanted to debate with me but he rested it and pulled me to his chest so that we could get a few more hours in before we had to be at work.