Disappointment

I woke up to a text message from London informing me that he had to leave because his best friend was in an accident.

I called him as soon as I read the text, I hope his friend is okay, I thought to myself as the phone rang. He picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello" he sounded like he didn't look at his caller ID.

"Hi London, it's Brielle, I just woke up and saw your text message and I just wanted to check if your friend is doing okay and yourself," I said.

"She's fine, she only has a sprain on her left arm and minor bruises. I feel so bad though because I had phoned her to tell her about my date with you and she got distracted and ran off the road. She thought she would be admitted but they checked her vitals and she's good to go."

"London, can you pass me my bag please" as soon as I heard her voice it clicked, his best friend is Anna-Reese, I thought they were together in high school.

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that happened and I hope she'll feel better and heal quickly," I said this genuinely but my gut feeling was telling me something was off with the whole situation. I chose to ignore it though, what is to be must be and maybe he would've been a disappointment so I dodged a bullet.

"Where are you," I asked

"I'm in New York" he replied

"How did you get to New York so fast?"

"My dad has a jet," he said.

"Oh okay," I returned.

His dad has a jet? He is rich? That's surprising! He is so humble, he dresses normal, he seems shy and he never tried to be with the popular kids which he could've done easily if his dad is loaded like that. You have to be loaded to have a private jet after-all.

"Brielle, we're going to leave the hospital now so I'll text you ok, I'm going to scroll Anna out," he tells me.

"Bye," I say and ended the call. Why does he need to scroll her out when she only had a sprain hand?

I took a shower and got dressed to go pick up Ash's gift from the mall. It's Christmas Eve and I'm indeed excited, mostly for the food.

When I got downstairs I caught my mom texting and smiling she didn't even notice I was there.

"Good mood," I said and she jumps. Guilty, I noted and I didn't bother to say what I suspected because I was not going to let anything ruin my Christmas mood.

"Good morning my sweet face girl," she hugs me and kissed me on my right cheek. "I made your favorite," she told me

My favorite breakfast items are french toast with pancake syrup and hot sausages, I poured some orange juice to go along with it. "Thanks, mom," my mood was even better now, food makes me happy.

"How do you feel about your Da... I mean Bryor joining us for Christmas dinner? He will be in town and he has no one to spend Christmas with" she breathed.

I was halfway through my breakfast when she asked that ridiculous question, suddenly I was no longer interested in eating. I got up took up my purse and my car key and responded to her.

"I don't feel" was all I said before I closed the door behind me. Music was my therapy, I put some Aerosmith songs on and turned my volume up. I don't want to miss a thing was playing and I sang along while I drove to the mall.

I got what I needed to get done and headed home. As soon as I pulled into my driveway a car blocked me in, I didn't know the car and so I sat in my car to see who would come out. It was no other than Neko.

I repeated the same words in my head over and over "I will not let anything or anyone ruin my Christmas". He walked up to my glass and knocked on it so I turned off my car and got out.

"I saw you pulling out of the mall so I followed you, I've missed you, Brielle, you've changed your number?" He said

I just stood there looking at this unbelievable boy who did a poor job at taking my virginity, lied to the whole school, and to my face, he didn't so much as apologize but he somehow missed me. As far as I'm concerned he's the source of my curse.

I shook my head and walked off to my front door with Ashley's presents in a big bag for me to wrap, I need to wrap all the presents I bought yesterday too.

"Brielle, I'm sorry baby! Please give me a chance, I'm miserable without you" he pouts.

"Bye Neko" were the only words I offered him before I locked my door in his face. It's not that I'm unforgiving, I'm just not allowing anyone to ruin my favorite time of the year.

I got to wrapping all the presents I bought, right when I was about to tape the last item which was for grandma Peggy, the doorbell rang. I swear to God if it's Neko I'm going to punch him square in his nose!

I opened the door to reveal Bryor and I would take Neko's presence over his any day!

"My mother is not here, what do you want?" I just have no patience for a man who leaves his family behind with no communication.

"I just want to talk to you," he said.

"I don't want to talk to you" I returned.

He sighed and still stood there, so I walked away and left the door open because I know my mom would have my head if I had locked it in his face. She raised me better than that but I believe he would've been deserving of it, just like Neko was.

"Brielle I love you and I love your mother, I love you two so much," he said.

I couldn't take the lies so I started walking up the stairs.

"Please, please try to believe me, I love you and I love Cavi. Now that I've seen you both again, I can't bear to leave ever again, please just give me a chance." He looked like he was going to cry.

I stormed up to my room and locked my door. Tears pooled in my eyes! Look he ruined Christmas! How can he ask me to just try after fifteen years! How can he just barge into my life a few days now and ask me to let him in! How selfish was he!

He loves my mother, what the fuck is that? I cried ugly sobs.  A light knocking on the door behind my back started.

"Go away," I said.

"Baby girl, please let me in," my mother said.

I was mad at her too because she stayed single when she could've moved on with her life and after all these years of betrayal from this man she still wanted him! I knew she was ogling at her phone this morning because of him!

She let him in so easy and they thought I would be happy about this! Mommy and daddy being together, bullshit!! I started packing the bags that I brought from university with me, I packed all the wrapped presents in two big garbage bags and stepped out of my room an hour later.

There was no one downstairs and I was grateful for that, it took me two trips to get everything in my car and I went straight to Ash house.

When I got there Aunty Jenni let me in, ash was with Jared, I thought about calling Naya but I didn't. Instead, I curled up in Ash's bed and went to sleep.