Lunch Date

At midday I paid for an Uber using my Uber app, it showed my Uber would arrive in five minutes so I gathered my things and walked outside. The uber was there by the time I walked out.

Naya had texted me the address of a Spanish restaurant earlier which was only nine minutes away. I smiled at the fact that she remembered how much I loved Spanish food.

Naya was already seated when I got there and she got up and gave me a hug with a huge smile on her face. "You look gorgeous Brielle," she told me.

"Thanks, Naya, you're looking lovely too" and she was looking lovely. She had on some black jeans with a checkered black and white dress shirt and some black sneakers, she looked like a new yorker.

"I see you're fitting in, in New York City, " I smiled at her and she laughed. "I guess you could say so, I found a job at a great firm here and I'm staying in New York" this took me by surprise.

"What? Oh my God! Congratulations!" I told her." I thought you weren't interested in ever leaving your home town?" I asked.

"Well, I've spent years of my adult life there, I think a change is good for me so I'm taking it," she tells me and I'm genuinely happy for her.

"By the way, I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and ordered for us" I didn't mind, she had ordered the best food on our first date.

The waitress came with our food and I'm not surprised it's the same thing we had that first date, including a bottle of the same wine we had. I got a little nervous because I'm not ready to share the reason I can't drink with anyone yet and I hated lying but I'm going to have to come up with something.

"I'm supposed to be taking a medical for work soon so I can't have any alcoholic beverages at this time," I told her and she ordered some fruit juice for me instead. My mouth was watering for the food and so I dugged in, humming with appreciation.

Naya laughed at me and I laughed and continued stuffing my face with the Spanish food as elegantly as I could manage. I was halfway through my meal when the sound of a familiar voice caught my attention.

Have you ever wished a chair could open up and swallow you whole? That's how I felt when I looked up and my eyes met with London's. He was now walking towards me with Anna-Reese behind him and I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"Are you enjoying your lunch, Brielle?" London's voice sounded soft and caring but his face was full of anger. To make things worse my mouth worked faster than my brain at that moment.

"Are you stalking me London?" He looked at me and then at the bottle of wine on the table. London I don't want anyone to know yet I pleaded with him using my eyes but the look on his face told me he doubted me, he really thought I would drink knowing I'm pregnant.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He fixed me with his angry look.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, barging in here interrupting our lunch and speaking to her like that?" I wish Naya didn't speak at all.

London laughed but it didn't reach his eyes. "I'm speaking to my woman, the woman carrying my unborn child that's sitting here drinking wine!" I'm so mad at him right now.

Naya looked surprised while Anna-Reese face showed complete shock and hatred. "She's what!?" who does she think she is questioning him like he is obligated to her.

"He said I'm pregnant, didn't he say it loud enough?" I fixed her with an angry look.

"You're coming with me," London stated while he waited for me to get up. I'd rather catch an Uber because I'm pissed off at his behavior.

I sat down not looking at anyone and to my surprise London bent down and took me up in his arms bridal style,  and walked out of the restaurant.

"London! Put me down right now!" I said sternly but he didn't listen. He walked to his car, when his driver saw him approaching the car with me in his arms, he got out and opened the door.

He put me in then went around the opposite side of the vehicle and climbed in. "What the fuck are you doing drinking wine with my baby and what are you doing out with that guy?"

"Firstly, don't speak to me like that and secondly, I did not have any wine, I had fruit juice in my glass before I finished it. Also, Naya is not a guy, she's my friend" I felt exhausted and I was pissed off that I didn't get a chance to finish my lunch.

"She's not your friend, she's your ex-lover and she wants you back, which is not happening! If she's your friend why didn't you tell me you were going to have lunch with her huh?"

"I'm sorry I didn't, it's just we didn't get off on a good start where she's concerned so I didn't want to ruin our good mood." I sighed.

He held me to him and kissed my forehead which instantly caused me to relax and a tear fell from my eyes, stupid hormones.

"Hey....baby, please don't cry. I'm sorry I'm just overprotective of you two, I don't want to lose you and I don't want anything to happen to him or her." Another tear rolls down my cheek from his words.

"Nothing is going to happen to us and I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was going to lunch with Naya. I really love Spanish food and I never even got a chance to finish it" I pout.

"I'll get you more food but please don't keep secrets from me anymore." My phone ringing interrupted us, it was my 1:15 calling to reschedule for Wednesday which meant I was done working for the day.

London asked for a few minutes and went back inside the restaurant, he came out eight minutes later with a box of food I suppose in his hand. "This is for you," he hands me the box of the delicious spelling food.

"I'm going to take you home now ok, you look like you could use some sleep and God knows I just want to hold you in my arms and never let you go" I didn't disagree, I just laid on his chest and fell asleep in the car.

When we got home I dialed my office to let them know I was done for the day, I changed in some comfortable pj's and phoned Ashley to check up on her and the babies.