Best freind

It has been a great first week at Wilson's Law Firm. I've already been assigned a case, based on what I've read this lady hired an investigator to follow her husband around to see if he's cheating on her and now that she has evidence he is cheating, she wants a divorce and everything he owns. I will be meeting with her on Monday.

Right now I just got in, it's Friday night and I'm going to pick up Ashley and Jared from the airport. They will be staying in my spare bedroom so I go to check if everything is in place for them. I have an hour and a half before they land.

The bedroom was pretty simple, a queen size bed with white linens on, two black bedside tables with two lambs, a flat-screen tv on the wall, and a love seat in one corner of the room. They would have to use the bathroom close by the sitting area. Which should be fine they're only here for the weekend.

I ordered some Chinese food, I had taken home a bottle of wine for myself and different fruit juices for Ash and Jared. I got ready and headed to the airport. As soon as I saw them I ran to them and gave them both tight hugs.

"Don't hug her too tightly," Jared said

Ashely rolled her eyes and we laughed out but he was so serious which caused us to laugh even more. This must be driving him crazy because he walked off in front of us.

"Bri, he's so dramatic, he treats me like I'm fragile and I'm going to show out this weekend"

"No you're not, you're not going to get me on Jared's bad side," I tell her.

"Then why don't you sound convincing friend?"

I totally avoid her stupidity and hug her again, I missed her. We don't have much to catch up on because we're always texting and talking over the phone. The only thing she doesn't know about is my constant thinking about London.

"Is that Chinese food I smell," she was so excited about it but unfortunately the baby wasn't, she had to ask for the bathroom within seconds and she was locked in there vomiting. She locked out Jared and I even though we tried to help.

I felt so bad for her and Jared too because he looked so helpless and worried.

"She'll be okay, she's a strong girl," I told him.

"I know, I just don't like seeing her like this, and knowing it's my fault you know."

"Yeah, I get it, but aren't you two excited about the baby?" I asked

"More than excited, but wish it was easier on her" he sighs

Ash walked out the bathroom apologizing for not letting us in, she said she didn't want to ruin our appetites. I asked her what she would like to eat and the face she made, made me feel even worse for her. The poor girl was afraid to eat.

"I should be out my first trimester this week, my doctor said it will get better. I think I'm safe with soup she said" I hurriedly made her some soup.

Jared and I ate some Chinese in the kitchen while I was making the soup so that she wouldn't have to smell it and throw up again. While she drank her soup we looked out at the city, chatted and laughed.

We talked about baby names and I was grateful to be apart of what only the parents usually decide. She said if it's a girl she wants to name her Leanna which is my middle name, I could cry right now and if it's a boy she would name him Ashton after her father.

Jared had no problems, once it's not a hideous name, he loves Ashley so much it has been evident all these years.

Will I ever have a man that loves me that much, I dismissed the thought because I don't need a man. Not everyone is meant to have that kind of love.

Ashley fell asleep on the couch, Jared said his good night, lifted her in his arms and took her to their room for the weekend. I couldn't help it I let my mind wander, will I ever have a man to treat me the way Jared treats his wife.

~

Ash and I left Jared at home after convincing him that she will be fine and that she needs time alone with me, we went shopping.

Ash was picking up tiny dresses and lingerie which I'm sure won't fit until after the baby but I was not going to be the one to tell a pregnant woman those clothes won't fit her anytime soon.

She got hungry 20 mins into the shopping so we went to the food court, it turns out she was so hungry that she had to have ice cream, I laughed so hard at what she ate while I had a cheeseburger. Ash used the restroom and we started back shopping. After an hour we decided to leave the bags in the car and go to a spa.

That was the best idea ever because our environment was relaxing and we got to talking.

"Bri, what's bothering you?" she asked as if she was sure something was bothering me.

"Huh?, nothing I'm fine, I'm good Ash. I have the job I wanted so badly, our mothers are happy, I'm good financially, you're good financially. I'm great actually" I ended my pathetic speech.

"Bri, while you can fool the world you can't fool me. Why are you running away from relationships?" She says this in a voice that I don't even know

"Hey, I'm not paying for this session," I joked.

"I don't know Ash, I'm not lucky with men"

"Bullshit, you haven't dated one since university"

"I don't need sex," I say.

"Men aren't just for sex bestie, they're good for other things too, you just have to find the right one, and to find the right one you have to put yourself out there," she says.

"I don't know, I'm not ready but when I am, I'll try. Happy?" I asked

"No, but I'll take your word for it, I need for you to be happy in all aspects of your life and I know you're not," she says.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the back massage I was getting while Ash only got a shoulder massage due to her pregnancy and doctor's orders.

We headed back to the apartment with all our bags and feeling refreshed from the spa.

Jared made baked chicken with roasted potatoes which smelt lovely.

"Aww baby, I love you" Ash walked up and hugged him and he kissed her forehead due to their height difference.

This time I had to look away, maybe I do need to date because I do want that one day.