Court hearings

We were in his huge office and I tried to make myself comfortable in one of his chairs. Not that the chair was uncomfortable it was the feeling I got from being around him.

"So talk to me, what did you find out and what will the next two days be like," he asks

"Well, Victoria is a liar, she has been up to no good for some years now. Her correct name is Victoria Bell-Francis, she's married to a man that is now disabled. She took all his money and left him in a home for disabled persons. She also has a daughter with Eric Francis, Mr. Francis sister Francine has full custody of the six-year-old girl."

"She has tricked Mr. Standley that they have been married for some years now, he bought her a car, house and most things you can think of that a woman is interested in. Based on her history I'm not sure if the baby is for him but he is convinced that the newborn is his baby."

"Hospital records show that she gave the baby your name, his name is Leon Bascoe"?

"She has a record of dating rich men and charges of stealing but nothing major."

"It's so funny because I'm usually a good judge of character, I didn't see this one coming." He sighs.

I wanted to say more like maybe stop fucking around but that wouldn't be professional now would it?

"I'm sorry you have to be going through this, but based on evidence collected, it's going to be a simple case and again if there's anything you remember that you didn't tell me, here's your chance," I tell him

"Brielle, I've only ever had one night stands, I've never had sex with a lady more than once."

I wanted to ask why, but I'm trying my best to keep this professional. Why am I crushing on a man that has only ever been with women once, how many women has he been with, does he always use a condom, why has he never been in a relationship? Look at him for Christ sake.

I took up my bag and said my goodbye, luckily I drove because I just want to run far away right now. It's so funny, he has never been in a relationship and I've only been in one and that's from high school it almost doesn't count. How can I judge him if I've only been with my vibrators?

Well, they can't give me false hope and then disappoint me so I'm not giving them up. That night I twist and turned trying to fall asleep even after I masturbated to the thoughts of him.

~

It was the day of court, I had Bascoe, and then Standley's case immediately after. How does she feel to know that she will be in court with two different men? What a mess, I thought to myself as I got ready to head to the courthouse.

I was dressed in a black business suit, pants with the jacket to match, and a white shirt underneath. I felt confident and ready. I walked into the courtroom when we were told it's time with London on my right.

As predicted the judge requested a DNA and ordered both cases back to court next week Friday which is the day I'm scheduled to fly out as my best friend is due to have Ashton on Saturday. I'm hoping I don't miss my 1:00 pm flight.

I only had those two cases working on until I got back from my vacation I would take on some more. I had enough experience to start my own business and I wasn't short of cash, I just really do enjoy working with this company and I'm well paid.

I called Naya to find out how things were going and if she was still in New York, she told me things were great and she's going to be here for another three weeks because her sister-in-law needed some help with her niece and nephew. I promised to meet up with her when I got back from L.A.

Then I called Ashley to see how she's doing. "I need him to come out like today Bri! I can't even walk, I look like a whale, I sound like a whale, I eat like a whale I'm just rolling around and I'm tired of it! Some of my patients stop coming, they said they'll come back after the baby and Jared had the nerve to tell me I can't work anymore, I should wait until the baby is at least 3months old! Who does he think he is Bri?"

I had my hand over my mouth so I would not be heard laughing at a pregnant woman in distress. "Oh Ash, it's just a few more days left bestie, you can start counting down to meeting the sweetest little prince ever," I tell her.

"Just imagine the joy Ashton is going to bring you, I knew it was working because she was breathing normally again and I was happy."

Then just as I was about to let her go sleep she started crying. "What if I'm not good at parenting, what if he doesn't like me as a parent, what if I have no milk to give him. Did you know some women don't have milk and she was sniffing"

"Oh Ashley, baby Ashton loves you already, you're going to be great, you're already great. Stop being so hard on yourself bestie boo," then I heard Jared comforting her. I fist-pumped the air, that's why I love this man for my friend! I should remember to give him a high five when I see him on Friday.

"Come here baby girl" I heard him say and I took that as my queue to hang up but not before saying "I love you both" see ya on Friday.